Is black seed oil peaty or no?

aliml

Black seed oil boosted testosterone level, steroidogenic enzymes, semen quality and testicular morphological.

OP
D

Decentguy13

Black seed oil boosted testosterone level, steroidogenic enzymes, semen quality and testicular morphological.

Have you tried it ?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I know that Hans uses it and discussed it on several podcasts.

Whether its "Peaty" or not varies per context. Dr. Peat himself tends to stay flexible around foods / substances.

I do take it every now and then but haven't noticed any effects from it. I will try to do it more diligently.

Marcine

Black Seed oil just rubbed on the thyroid can be helpful if you don't want to internalize it.

Cfgalak

There are many studies on the use of nigella sativa seeds to treat hashimoto hypothyroidism.

But most of the tests done on humans talk about seeds and not oil. They sell a lot of seeds to chew and swallow and are full spectrum on so many pathologies, I would go with seeds rather than oil.

mamakitty

So, no bueno for women?

mamakitty

There are many studies on the use of nigella sativa seeds to treat hashimoto hypothyroidism.

But most of the tests done on humans talk about seeds and not oil. They sell a lot of seeds to chew and swallow and are full spectrum on so many pathologies, I would go with seeds rather than oil.
Does it taste gross though?

mamakitty

I don't think so. A bit soapy in large amounts but many cultures add it to food (in small amounts) including white cheeses and sweets.
Okay thanks, I’m gonna take the plunge finally make the purchase. Should I look for a special brand or any on amazon would do?

aliml

So, no bueno for women?
Black seed can improve the reproductive parameters and sex hormones in both genders.

mamakitty

Black seed can improve the reproductive parameters and sex hormones in both genders.

Wow, thanks for this. I have recently decided to just go ahead and buy it

Do you happen to have any idea if it’s safe and/or good in pregnancy?

mamakitty

Be wary at first the seed when chewed has a bit of a numbing effect and the taste is a little like what I would imagine a mild moth ball would taste like. Just my two cents
Uhh, moth ball is not really selling it lol

J.R.K

Uhh, moth ball is not really selling it lol
I do use the seed at 1/2 tsp per day but I personally use it blended with some orange juice. I am not fond of the chewing and subsequent taste. Hopefully it gets the same result.

mamakitty

I do use the seed at 1/2 tsp per day but I personally use it blended with some orange juice. I am not fond of the chewing and subsequent taste. Hopefully it gets the same result.
I read or heard someone mixing it with honey and eating it that way. I wonder if it’s so gross and hard to eat, why is it even beneficial for us? Shouldn’t good things be naturally tasty?

KCM

Are there any known issues having aspirin & black seed oil in the same day? since BSO is anti inflammatory and has some contraindications with aspirin potentially?