Is Biotin The Most Underrrated Sleep Aid?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Yo fellow biohackers!

So lately I've been noticing that Biotin in dosages in the range of 1-2mg has been KNOCKING ME OUT. I feel extremely sedated, relaxed and ready to sleep, and I wake up feeling spectacular.

Other effects noticed:
-Slowed down breathing
-Slow thought processes
-Insatiable appetite
-Better digestion
-Slightly increased libido (this is high already)

I am suspecting that Biotin is having some effect on GABA/Glutaminergic neurotransmission in the brain.

What do you all think the mechanism is behind this sleep inducing effect?
Does it effect cortisol at all???

Last edited:

griesburner

Sounds very nice. I tried biotin one time only a 5mg pill but didnt notice very much from it. Maybe i will try it again as i would like some sedating effects :) . Any known risks of biotin? I wonder why its sold in such high doses compared to the actual daily requirements which are very low compared to that amount.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Sounds very nice. I tried biotin one time only a 5mg pill but didnt notice very much from it. Maybe i will try it again as i would like some sedating effects :) . Any known risks of biotin? I wonder why its sold in such high doses compared to the actual daily requirements which are very low compared to that amount.
Let me know if you do try it...

griesburner

anyone still taking biotin supplements here and having good results?
I tryied it again, but didnt feel anything positiv or negativ. But maybe you have to take it for longer period of time to notice somthing i dont know.

griesburner

should one take biotin always with meals? if it lowers FFA as i read somewhere, i think its better to have sugar at the same time, or is this effect not so strong that it matters?

griesburner

how much do you take if you take it regulary? any other effects except the energizing?

Vinero

how much do you take if you take it regulary? any other effects except the energizing?
I take Energin from Idealabs. One dose contains 1 mg I think. But it also has Vitamin B1, B2,B3, and B6.
Don't know how much of the energy I get is from the biotin hehe :P

@Lokzo Hey Lokzo are you still using Biotin?, never used it but I have some on order to try how I feel from it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yo fellow biohackers!

So lately I've been noticing that Biotin in dosages in the range of 1-2mg has been KNOCKING ME OUT. I feel extremely sedated, relaxed and ready to sleep, and I wake up feeling spectacular.

Other effects noticed:
-Slowed down breathing
-Slow thought processes
-Insatiable appetite
-Better digestion
-Slightly increased libido (this is high already)

I am suspecting that Biotin is having some effect on GABA/Glutaminergic neurotransmission in the brain.

What do you all think the mechanism is behind this sleep inducing effect?
Does it effect cortisol at all???
Are you still using Biotin? I am getting ready to start it back up again and was just wondering if you stuck with it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals