Is Beef Tripe High In Glycine?

fyo

Yes it is. Any of the softer stretchy collagenous tissue is high in gelatin and glycine. Tripe, skin, collagen, bone joints, feet, gizzard I believe, etc.

BobbyDukes

Beef tripe is very low in tryptophan. Very high in cholesterol (whatever effect on health that is going to have), And has ok amounts of zinc and selenium. It also has a positive cal/phos ratio.

Just a shame it tastes like cow poo.

Xisca

I bought it for the 1st time yesterday... Got some advise to cook it! They told me to boil it with vinegar and or lemon juice, and throw the water, and repeat if it still smells too bad. I just hope it des not remove the gelatine.

Then cook for more than an hour.
I plan to do it with tomato sauce.

vulture

Here we have a soup called "mondongo"

Basically a bunch of tripe, potatoes, yam, onion, garlic, cilantro, salt, sweet pepper and some spices...it tastes great

Cloudhands

Beef tripe is very low in tryptophan. Very high in cholesterol (whatever effect on health that is going to have), And has ok amounts of zinc and selenium. It also has a positive cal/phos ratio.

Just a shame it tastes like cow poo.
How do u know that it has a positive calcium/phos ratio?

Vinny

Sounds like some awesome dog food. Id love to make tripe a more regular part of my diet
I realized I said the poop thing twice. Three now. Hehe.

I’ve had it in Vietnamese noodle
Soup but it’s a completely different thing bleached and washed etc. Still, it has a great glycine - methionine ratio.

RealNeat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals