Is baking soda only thing that neutralizes acidity in juices?

Hgreen56

i wish there is something more to neutralizes acidity in my juices.
i have tried yesterday try to neutralizes orange juice with baking soda but i needed at least 10 gram for 1 liter.
Thats way to much and not a good solution for long term use.

However, I can't find any other solutions...

P

Peatness

i have tried yesterday try to neutralizes orange juice with baking soda but i needed at least 10 gram for 1 liter.

I find magnesium carbonate powder effective.

Mark2020

Why would you need to neutralize acid in a juice? Are you only using store bought? If so, stop doing that. Drink only fresh pressed juice. Store bought juice is awful for your body. Tropicana juice is like battery acid.

Invest in a juicer, and invest in 20 mins a day juicing. Your health will transform very quickly.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

Why would you need to neutralize acid in a juice? Are you only using store bought? If so, stop doing that. Drink only fresh pressed juice. Store bought juice is awful for your body. Tropicana juice is like battery acid.

Invest in a juicer, and invest in 20 mins a day juicing. Your health will transform very quickly.
orange juice from whole oranges (self-pressed) are high acid to.
foaming like hell when putting baking soda with it.

Mark2020

orange juice from whole oranges (self-pressed) are high acid to.
foaming like hell when putting baking soda with it.
Almost all fruit juices will react with baking soda. Baking soda is highly alkaline. Doesn’t mean fruit juices are bad. Store bought juices are dead, lifeless, enzyme-less, health robbing fluids.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

Almost all fruit juices will react with baking soda. Baking soda is highly alkaline. Doesn’t mean fruit juices are bad. Store bought juices are dead, lifeless, enzyme-less, health robbing fluids.
you talking about the concentrate stuff or also the fresh stuff thats from the refrigerator at the supermarket?

do you know this one?
solevita-sinaasappelsap.jpg

Mark2020

you talking about the concentrate stuff or also the fresh stuff thats from the refrigerator at the supermarket?

do you know this one?
View attachment 24348
Nothing bought from a grocery store is “fresh”. If it’s in a bottle, it’s dead. “Cold pressed” might be slightly better than something that sits on a shelf, but really, at the end of the day, it’s still health robbing.

Fresh pressed juices have a very short time before they’re dead and lifeless. Just like if you cut open an apple and let it sit on the counter. It’s brown, oxidized and dead pretty quickly. Same happens with a juice. So they process it, kill the enzymes to give it “life”. Yet they’re actually robbing the life from it.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

Nothing bought from a grocery store is “fresh”. If it’s in a bottle, it’s dead. “Cold pressed” might be slightly better than something that sits on a shelf, but really, at the end of the day, it’s still health robbing.

Fresh pressed juices have a very short time before they’re dead and lifeless. Just like if you cut open an apple and let it sit on the counter. It’s brown, oxidized and dead pretty quickly. Same happens with a juice. So they process it, kill the enzymes to give it “life”. Yet they’re actually robbing the life from it.
i thought there are adding enzymes to it

Michael Mohn

Borax is very alkaline. I do not recommend this but if you feel like experimenting tell us how it goes. I think sodium bicarbonate is good. More acidic oranges need more of it, early in the season. Lane late has no acidity left.

baccheion

To what pH? If there aren't any cavities through to dentin, a pH 5.5+ will be enough. Otherwise, 6.5+.

Anything that ends with carbonate or bicarbonate will neutralize. Can even use potassium and magnesium to maintain a certain magnesium:potassium:sodium ratio.

K

Kayaker

To what pH? If there aren't any cavities through to dentin, a pH 5.5+ will be enough. Otherwise, 6.5+.

Anything that ends with carbonate or bicarbonate will neutralize. Can even use potassium and magnesium to maintain a certain magnesium:potassium:sodium ratio.
Store-bought orange juice with added baking soda goes through me. I make chocolates coated with OJ in the back.

L

Lord Cola

Adding baking soda might make unripe juice taste less bad, but it won't prevent irritation.

K

Kayaker

What if gelatin is added? 10:1 carbs:gelatin. Do you have issues absorbing fructose?
I doubt it. Drinking OJ with gelatin is a good idea as long as it's well-dissolved. I wouldn't drink baking soda, OJ, and gelatin together because an acidic environment helps digest protein.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals