Is Bag Breathing The Lazy Man's "cardio?"

sprinter

Maybe I'm missing something here, but would doing some light-moderate cardiovascular exercise (while being sure to keep your mouth closed and breath through your nose) have the same effect as bag breathing?

Of course "light-moderate cardiovascular exercise" would be different for everyone depending on their current fitness level. For some it could be light walking; for others jogging.

But the question remains: is bag breathing basically exercise for sloths?

Last edited:

paymanz

Yes good exercise if done under lactic acid threshold, with good glycogen ,.... Is good for co2 levels.

But for sick person with low energy and bad metabolism , busy , or lazy ones , bag breathing works.

If you be a hypothyroid for example, it is simply easy.

OP
sprinter

sprinter

I wonder why Ray doesn't recommend exercise first than. I get that if you're sick, hypo, etc. bag breathing may be better, but I've never heard him recommend any light cardiovascular exercise at all. This is healthy thing, no? I've heard him say that he himself is very sedentary. I think it is very good for humans to move around to the point where breathing through the nose is slightly uncomfortable. It probably has many more benefits than bag breathing.

Last edited:

paymanz

Yes ,but he more favors a stimulating life.

He has talked about benefits of exercise too,concentric exercise.
Functionalps.com has food collection of what ray said about this,if you haven't read them already.

OP
sprinter

sprinter

Yes ,but he more favors a stimulating life.

A "stimulating life" sounds great, but it's so general. I'd like to discuss Peat's recommendations for Bag Breathing vs light cardiovascular exercise.

I've read his quotes on concentric exercise and agree, but this is about Bag Breathing compared to light cardiovascular exercise.

CrystalClear

As a hypothyroid person atm, my understanding is that the slightest exercise causes stress. I have heard Ray say that for the hypothyroid person just sitting passively can be the same as a healthy person running because the hypo person doesn't use O2 efficiently. Bag breathing presents a valuable option for the sick person. Hypo's hyperventilate at the slightest exertion/stress. I am having to learn to breathe properly again through some Buteyko exercises. I used bag breathing in the beginning but found it wasn't enough for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals