Is Bacteria and or pathogens the cause of MPB afterall?

GorillaHead

Check this study out guys

“Using a specific, sensitive gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method, we detected high levels of glucuronidated testosterone (T) and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in small intestinal content of mice of both sexes, whereas in the distal intestine we observed remarkably high levels of free DHT, exceeding serum levels by >20-fold. Similarly, in young adult men high levels of unconjugated DHT, >70-fold higher than in serum, were detected in feces. In contrast to mice with a normal GM composition, germ-free mice had high levels of glucuronidated T and DHT, but very low free DHT levels, in the distal intestine. These findings demonstrate that the GM is involved in intestinal metabolism and deglucuronidation of DHT and T, resulting in extremely high free levels of the most potent androgen, DHT, in the colonic content of young and healthy mice and men.”

If my review of this is correct. Deglucuronidation will lead to active dht.

High androgens are found in areas of high bacteria.

So perhaps the hairloss is due to bacteria from the gut. The endotoxin from the gut. Or the bacteria on the skin penetrating defenses because after all the hair follicle is an opening into the skin

golder

My hair loss was undeniably the worst when my gut/bacterial load was highest.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Very interesting. There is this one dude who reported complete halting of his hairloss after an fecal transplant

Mauritio

Same.

There are also bacteria that can degrade testosterone, so it works both ways. @Hans made a video on it. Very interesting topic.

Last edited:

Mauritio

So how does one keep the load low without causing dysbiosis and harm
IIRC in the study they gave the mice erythromycin although I dont know, how long that would "work" .

Summer

It could be one way for sure. But I think there are multiple causes. For me, there is no doubt in my mind that my hair loss is caused by tension.

Vins7

Very interesting. There is this one dude who reported complete halting of his hairloss after an fecal transplant
I read It, there is photo if before and after and it's amazing, temples regrowth and more thank double hair density.

Rob of Perfect hair health showed this change.

golder

I read It, there is photo if before and after and it's amazing, temples regrowth and more thank double hair density.

Rob of Perfect hair health showed this change.
Interested to look and read up on that, can you find the source? Thanks!

Vins7

Interested to look and read up on that, can you find the source? Thanks!
You can read this of PerfectHairHealth, where he's talking about AGA and FMT.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-04-12-43-59-854_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-04-12-43-59-854_com.android.chrome.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 34

TheCalciumCad

You can read this of PerfectHairHealth, where he's talking about AGA and FMT.

Very interesting....

"studies have indicated that the richness and diversity of bacterial species in the human gut may be an indicator of health. In addition, the presence of particular groups of bacteria may provide health advantages. Certain microbes have been shown to enhance metabolism, the immune system, cancer resistance, endocrine signaling, and brain function. Some bacterial taxa associated with these benefits include: Bacteroides, Bifidobacterium, Clostridium clusters XIVa/IV, and Lactobacillus. The gut microbiome appears to remain relatively resilient over time, however, antibiotic use, travel, and illness can lead to its variation. Studies have demonstrated the ability of the gut microbiome to recover from insults, however, continued perturbations can lead to a loss of this resilience and may have implications for human health"

Rob has an article on Reuteri L. Reuteri For Hair Loss: A Complete Review.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Very interesting....

"studies have indicated that the richness and diversity of bacterial species in the human gut may be an indicator of health. In addition, the presence of particular groups of bacteria may provide health advantages. Certain microbes have been shown to enhance metabolism, the immune system, cancer resistance, endocrine signaling, and brain function. Some bacterial taxa associated with these benefits include: Bacteroides, Bifidobacterium, Clostridium clusters XIVa/IV, and Lactobacillus. The gut microbiome appears to remain relatively resilient over time, however, antibiotic use, travel, and illness can lead to its variation. Studies have demonstrated the ability of the gut microbiome to recover from insults, however, continued perturbations can lead to a loss of this resilience and may have implications for human health"

Rob has an article on Reuteri L. Reuteri For Hair Loss: A Complete Review.
Lots of balding centineals with great gut health

golder

Predisposition for hair loss is based on craniofacial development in childhood which results in 'bad posture' if you lead a sedentary lifestyle, this limits blood flow
and DHT is involved in bone remodelling when the scalp in chronically inflamed. Point being trying to lower gut bacteria isn't always a good thing.
Interesting, if you had to devise a protocol to offset this, what sort of things would you incorporate? Presumably a topical antiandrogen (RU5881/low dose finasteride?)

Wouldn’t lowering gut bacteria naturally lead to less inflammation - why would that not always be a good thing to aim for?

TheCalciumCad

Interesting, if you had to devise a protocol to offset this, what sort of things would you incorporate? Presumably a topical antiandrogen (RU5881/low dose finasteride?)

Wouldn’t lowering gut bacteria naturally lead to less inflammation - why would that not always be a good thing to aim for?

Gut bacteria also produces certain vitamins (like B12 and K2) so constantly wiping them out is likely a good way to help induce malnourishment if you aren't eating properly. Just don't eat fake foods that are full of filler ingredients and get enough fiber from real foods. Working on posture and moving the body is the foundations for restoring blood flow so undoing the tight neck, shoulders, upper back, forward head posture causing the tension with would be the main focus. Alexander technique teaches that while lowering chronic tension in the body but theres likely other good movement practices that help align the body. Mewing would help alongside a good posture practice by relearning proper tongue posture pulling the face more into alignment. Magnesium oil will speed up decalcifying tissue and also relaxes tight muscles. The rest of it is maximising nutrition and supplementing minerals so you don't have any major deficiencies, taking care of any chronic viral infections and heavy metal toxicity that are eating up resources and causing hyper adrenal activity (high adrenaline / cortisol), maximising sunlight (less blue light) and improving overall quality of life so you're under less stress. Hair massages will speed up the process but they're fruitless if you're malnourished, sunlight deficient, live in chronic stress or have tight posture.... Hair restoration is no small feat for men hence it's rarely corrected by just throwing thyroid, vitamin D and aspirin at it 🤣🤣

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals