Is Aspirin Estrogenic?

mrchibbs

I get different answers on this subject. What's the final verdict?

There's a gazillion posts on the topic. It's an AI, so it can hardly be estrogenic.

michael94

It makes me agitated and anxious but I suspect that may be because of gaba antagonism.
Yea some people don't respond as well to it, I only benefit from aspirin if I feel my metabolism is warm already. If I'm cold or tired I generally feel worse with aspirin. Doesn't mean it's doing harm per se but perhaps it requires some amount of liver warmness to not cause a stress reaction ( very unscientific way to put it but that's how I perceive my experience ).

schultz

Prostaglandins activate aromatase and aspirin inhibits prostaglandin formation. This is one way aspirin decreases estrogen synthesis.

Aspirin, brain, and cancer
"Vitamin E is now known to suppress COX-2, synergizing with aspirin and opposing estrogen."

"Aspirin activates both glycolysis and mitochondrial respiration, and this means that it shifts the mitochondria away from the oxidation of fats, toward the oxidation of glucose, resulting in the increased production of carbon dioxide. Its action on the glycolytic enzyme, GAPDH, is the opposite of estrogen's."

"Since the polyunsaturated fats and prostaglandins stimulate the expression of aromatase, the enzyme that synthesizes estrogen, aspirin decreases the production of estrogen. So many of aspirin's effects oppose those of estrogen, it would be tempting to suggest that its "basic action" is the suppression of estrogen. But I think it's more likely that both estrogen and aspirin are acting on some basic processes, in approximately opposite ways."

Carbon monoxide, estrogen, and the medical cancer cult: January, 2005
"Aspirin, by inhibiting the production of estrogen, of carbon monoxide, and of several cytokines and toxic lipid products, and by supporting normal respiration, helping to correct hyperglycemia, and suppressing lactate production, is an especially valuable therapy."

"Vitamin D, by its anti-estrogenic and anti-inflammatory actions, and by suppressing FAS, parallels the effects of aspirin and caffeine in several ways."

The GABA system, defenses, and tissue renewal: May, 2008
"Inhibitors of estrogen synthesis are being considered for use in controlling epilepsy (Reddy, 2007), but aspirin and progesterone and thyroid can produce similar results."

Aspirin Lowers Estrogen Levels / Load / Burden

Regarding testosterone and aspirin:

Inflammation, endotoxin, estrogen, and other problems: March 2006
"Aspirin, increased levels of carbon dioxide (Ni Chonghaile, et al., 2005), and progesterone (Deroo and Archer, 2002; Kelly, et al., 2001; Allport, et al., 2001; van der Burg and van der Saag, 1996; Caldenhoven, et al., 1995) inhibit NF kappa-B, and NF kappa-B inhibits the synthesis of both testosterone (Hong, et al. ,2004) and progesterone (Allport, et al., 2001)."

Frankdee20

NSAIDS can lower T and I think Aspirin gets mixed in the debate

Frankdee20

It can use up Glycine and Vitamin C and K

Hgreen56

i have read some messages here that people telling that long term use have damaged there kidneys.
i wonder how aspirin these damaging affect have and if peat has talked about that.
i think this is more to worrying about than the estrogen effects

mrchibbs

Prostaglandins activate aromatase and aspirin inhibits prostaglandin formation. This is one way aspirin decreases estrogen synthesis.

Aspirin, brain, and cancer
"Vitamin E is now known to suppress COX-2, synergizing with aspirin and opposing estrogen."

"Aspirin activates both glycolysis and mitochondrial respiration, and this means that it shifts the mitochondria away from the oxidation of fats, toward the oxidation of glucose, resulting in the increased production of carbon dioxide. Its action on the glycolytic enzyme, GAPDH, is the opposite of estrogen's."

"Since the polyunsaturated fats and prostaglandins stimulate the expression of aromatase, the enzyme that synthesizes estrogen, aspirin decreases the production of estrogen. So many of aspirin's effects oppose those of estrogen, it would be tempting to suggest that its "basic action" is the suppression of estrogen. But I think it's more likely that both estrogen and aspirin are acting on some basic processes, in approximately opposite ways."

Carbon monoxide, estrogen, and the medical cancer cult: January, 2005
"Aspirin, by inhibiting the production of estrogen, of carbon monoxide, and of several cytokines and toxic lipid products, and by supporting normal respiration, helping to correct hyperglycemia, and suppressing lactate production, is an especially valuable therapy."

"Vitamin D, by its anti-estrogenic and anti-inflammatory actions, and by suppressing FAS, parallels the effects of aspirin and caffeine in several ways."

The GABA system, defenses, and tissue renewal: May, 2008
"Inhibitors of estrogen synthesis are being considered for use in controlling epilepsy (Reddy, 2007), but aspirin and progesterone and thyroid can produce similar results."

Aspirin Lowers Estrogen Levels / Load / Burden

Regarding testosterone and aspirin:

Inflammation, endotoxin, estrogen, and other problems: March 2006
"Aspirin, increased levels of carbon dioxide (Ni Chonghaile, et al., 2005), and progesterone (Deroo and Archer, 2002; Kelly, et al., 2001; Allport, et al., 2001; van der Burg and van der Saag, 1996; Caldenhoven, et al., 1995) inhibit NF kappa-B, and NF kappa-B inhibits the synthesis of both testosterone (Hong, et al. ,2004) and progesterone (Allport, et al., 2001)."

Great post!

SonOfEurope

i have read some messages here that people telling that long term use have damaged there kidneys.
i wonder how aspirin these damaging affect have and if peat has talked about that.
i think this is more to worrying about than the estrogen effects

I can, from only personal experience, attest to this.

I was on it daily 650mg but without k2 or glycine, my kidneys were clearly getting stressed as demonstrated by yellower urine and insatiable thirst every morning.

I now use it therapeutically - one Aspirin regular (325mg) with some K2 on Mondays and Thursdays exception being only if I occasionally eat a high pufa meal on a Saturday (which I rarely do), if I don't have good quality Vit. E mixed Tocopherols available.

OP
C

Coderr

I can, from only personal experience, attest to this.

I was on it daily 650mg but without k2 or glycine, my kidneys were clearly getting stressed as demonstrated by yellower urine and insatiable thirst every morning.

I now use it therapeutically - one Aspirin regular (325mg) with some K2 on Mondays and Thursdays exception being only if I occasionally eat a high pufa meal on a Saturday (which I rarely do), if I don't have good quality Vit. E mixed Tocopherols available.
How much k2 do you get? What form?

SonOfEurope

How much k2 do you get? What form?

120mcg Mk7
120mcg MK4

Along with each 325mg of aspirin I take.

Edit: actually almost forgot... Diluting the 325 Acetylsalisylic acid in warm water completely helps a LOT in reducing stomach inflammation in those who've never taken Aspirin before. Just warm water and the tablet dissolves... Don't take those coated ones, they're ****.

Steed

I think in a healthy person aspirin raises testosterone very effectively in higher doses. I noticed a large unexpected strength gain when going over 1 gram after only 1 week and I also got sensation around my nipples. These are pretty clear tell tell signs of increased testosterone where some of course becomes estrogen. I have a history of being very sensitive to estrogen, teenage gyno for example which has been surgically removed.

I have not felt anything in regards to kidney, been on 0,250-1,5 grams aspirin for 3 months or so. I also take a range of other Peat friendly supplements, including vitamin K, taurine and glycine.

I also notice thinner blood, got a large mark in my face for a couple of days after popping a pimple, and aspirin for sure lowers cortisol as well. I would not be surprised if the lower cortisol drives the higher testosterone and higher estrogen. Anyone knows the possible pathways for this?

Last edited:

SonOfEurope

And add to that that B1/Magnesium/Aspirin/k2 combo is so enhancing I'd call it a short-duration steroid... I've reached my highest strength with that combo.

Try it after a high carb meal and try your deadlift.

100mg-B1+
975mg-Aspirin+
200mg-Magesium glycinate+
480 mcg k2.