Is articaine okay to use as an anaesthetic?

Articaine okay?

• use it

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • don't use it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josh

Hey all. Asked here the other day about Local anaesthetic and the consensus was that it’s better to have it than not to have it which i did and after a few hours the numbing effect was gone and have felt no ill effects since. (When it did wear off i had a lot of dental pain from the filling/drilling i had so i can’t imagine how much pain i would have had without the anaesthetic while it was getting done, dentist said it would have been excruciating)

He used ‘Articaine’ as a local anasthetic, i did have the conversation about Lidocaine but was told that most dentists have stopped using Lidocaine now as lots of dentists have had problems with it and they suspect it’s from the formula being watered down due to supply issues)

Is there anything wrong with Articaine? I’ve had no ill effects from it since but i’m going back this Wednesday for a few more fillings so i’ll be having more local anaesthetic then. It's an injection into the gum and most commonly used in europe, i'm in the UK

By all means use it. Local anaesthetics are - when used appropiately - pretty benign substances. They can even be used therapeutically, if you are interested in that just search for "neural therapy".

Besides that, the stress getting a filling without them would be pretty bad.

What material is used for the filling?

Edit: Just saw the date of the OP. Hope my answer still helps you @Elast1c