Is Apple Juice OK?

movebetter

i Dr Peat says that apple cider is not recommended. I have been drinking a lot of Cadia apple juice. is that ok? What other Juices are ok? i find the boxed orange juice very acidic.

theLaw

RP Email Advice Comment: Fungal-Free Apple Juice

Apple Juice Good or Bad - Ray Peat Q&A

applelg.jpg

Although Toxinless doesn't give any specific info on Matt's apple juice, their organic orange juice is high quality, so perhaps it's a safe choice.

Fractality

The last time I consumed a significant amount of apple juice I experienced horrible stomach issues.

tara

Mittir wrote about going for clear apple juice if one's gut is irritated by pectin. He had a particular brand he favoured where he was.
I've found I prefer a clear commercial one to a local cloudy one that sometimes seems to have had a bit of mold contamination or something.
I'd favour the try it and see if it tastes and feels good approach too.

OP
movebetter

movebetter

That looks like a plastic bottle. I wonder if that is safe and especially with oj that has the citric acid

Wagner83

I only drink crystal clear apple juice and have no issues. Anything else and I get canker sores, sometimes the skin and stomach can get itchy as an allergic reaction, apples have given me those too.