Is All-rac-α-Tocopherol Acetate Safe Of Toxic?

Tansia

Hi All, I wonder if taking All-rac-α-Tocopherol Acetate is overall safe or rather toxic. The All-rac-α-Tocopherol Acetate is a synthetic vitamin E and I found out that that's the form that they sell in a pharmacy when a patient is prescribed a higher dose of vitamin E (at least in Poland). It''s definitely cheaper than natural vitamin E, but I wonder if it does any good at all?

In vitro and in vivo evaluation of anticancer actions of natural and synthetic vitamin E forms - PubMed

Here they compared natural and synthetic vit E sources and they showed that: In vitro gammaT inhibited colony formation and induced apoptosis in all three cancer cell lines. AlphaT and all-rac-alphaT were less effective and all-rac-alphaTAc was ineffective. GammaT-induced apoptosis was correlated with activation of caspases-8 and -9 and down-regulation of protein expression of c-FLIP and survivin.
In vivo study 1 analyses showed that all-rac-alphaT and all-rac-alphaTAc significantly inhibited tumor growth and inhibited both visible and microscopic size lung metastases. In vivo study 2 analyses showed that alphaT and gammaT reduced tumor growth, but only gammaT reduced tumor growth significantly in comparison to control.

To me looks like gamma tocopherol have greatest benefit against cancer. The activity of All-rac-α-Tocopherol Acetate against cancer have not convinced me.

Would you guys recommend All-rac-α-Tocopherol Acetate to somone who can't afford natural vit E or rather recommend to stay away from it?

Last edited:
Hi All, I wonder if taking All-rac-α-Tocopherol Acetate is overall safe or rather toxic. The All-rac-α-Tocopherol Acetate is a synthetic vitamin E and I found out that that's the form that they sell in a pharmacy when a patient is prescribed a higher dose of vitamin E (at least in Poland). It''s definitely cheaper than natural vitamin E, but I wonder if it does any good at all?

In vitro and in vivo evaluation of anticancer actions of natural and synthetic vitamin E forms - PubMed

Here they compared natural and synthetic vit E sources and they showed that: In vitro gammaT inhibited colony formation and induced apoptosis in all three cancer cell lines. AlphaT and all-rac-alphaT were less effective and all-rac-alphaTAc was ineffective. GammaT-induced apoptosis was correlated with activation of caspases-8 and -9 and down-regulation of protein expression of c-FLIP and survivin.
In vivo study 1 analyses showed that all-rac-alphaT and all-rac-alphaTAc significantly inhibited tumor growth and inhibited both visible and microscopic size lung metastases. In vivo study 2 analyses showed that alphaT and gammaT reduced tumor growth, but only gammaT reduced tumor growth significantly in comparison to control.

To me looks like gamma tocopherol have greatest benefit against cancer. The activity of All-rac-α-Tocopherol Acetate against cancer have not convinced me.

Would you guys recommend All-rac-α-Tocopherol Acetate to somone who can't afford natural vit E or rather recommend to stay away from it?

All racemic VE works, and is better than no VE at all. Livestock also gets this Form. You should Import or use an importing Distributor to get better Quality VE. Better would be RRR-alpha Tocopherol Acetate, then natural but less stable RRR alpha Tocopherol, and RRR-alpha Tocopherol Succinate. Gamma seems to be more viable in In vitro Assays, in vivo it doesnt have good distribution and retention.

OP
T

Tansia

All racemic VE works, and is better than no VE at all. Livestock also gets this Form. You should Import or use an importing Distributor to get better Quality VE. Better would be RRR-alpha Tocopherol Acetate, then natural but less stable RRR alpha Tocopherol, and RRR-alpha Tocopherol Succinate. Gamma seems to be more viable in In vitro Assays, in vivo it doesnt have good distribution and retention.
Thanks @Tristan Loscha, that makes sense. Unfortunately considering incomes in Poland all natural VE to be too pricey for an average person, so I wondered if taking that synthetic form of VE is worth it.

wildworld1992

Thus alpha-tocopheryl acetate or alpha-tocopheryl succinate not only failed to prevent photocarcinogenesis, but may have enhanced to process.