Is Activated Charcoal Harming My Calcium Levels ?

DMF

Because calcium has a positive charge and charcoal "binds" with it, will it deplete calcium levels?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I think it might be an issue if consumed close together. I try to take charcoal on as empty of a stomach as possible, understanding not only the risk of nutrient binding, but also absorption of it systemically.

Nokoni

I think it might be an issue if consumed close together. I try to take charcoal on as empty of a stomach as possible, understanding not only the risk of nutrient binding, but also absorption of it systemically.
Do you take charcoal regularly or only as needed?

Nokoni

Dr. B

Because calcium has a positive charge and charcoal "binds" with it, will it deplete calcium levels?
it binds with many different nutrients and toxins, its advised taking it away from food and any other supplements...
although if you have trouble consuming vinegar capsules or antibiotics, olive leaf or aspirin maybe charcoal allows them to exert some of their effects but makes them safer when taken together? i was thinking of taking ACV organic capsules, olive leaf extract and activated charcoal together
which brand do you use
schizandu organics on amazon looks good, its an entire company seemingly dedicated only to charcoal/coconut products
similarly, island nutrition seems dedicated entirely to olive leaf extract and olive related products...
theblessedseed (not on amazon i think) dedicated entirely to nigella sativa products...

OP
D

DMF

Do you take charcoal regularly or only as needed?
'Just started daily, one teaspoon in 6 oz. water or juice for gut issues - bloating - bacteria - "toxins' - etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals