Is A High/rapid Heart Rate Intrinsically Bad?

Fractality

What are the contextual factors that one must be aware of when trying to evaluate whether a higher than normal heart rate is something to be concerned about?

My understanding that it is not necessarily bad, what matters is the "strength" of the pump. Of course if a high rate is chronic, then mechanical damage to the arteries/vessels is possible and without adequate vitamin c, cardiovascular lesions start which then become patched with cholesterol, causing heart disease.

TeaRex14

I think it all depends on metabolism. If you're warm, relaxed, good thyroid function your heart rate would be fine running 85 to 90 bpm. If your heart rate is running 85, 90, 100+ bpm because of high adrenalin that would be bad. There's a lot of things that can support heart health, directly and indirectly. Thyroid hormone, aspirin, red light, niacinamide, low FFA, EFA deficiency, anti-serotonin drugs, vitamin C + lysine therapy, are some of the things that come to mind first.

If the pulse is strong and the stress hormones are low, then I think that it's actually better to have an increased heart rate, since that means more efficient delivery of nutrients to the tissues. Niacinamide reliably increases heart rate and pulse, as well as temperature. Also, in my experience, vitamin k2 in MK7 form increases my heart as well.
It's probably PUFA that causes mechanical damage to the arteries by decreasing the energy production in them. Vitamin C is also essential for healthy arteries. Vitamin E is valuable too.
I think it all depends on metabolism. If you're warm, relaxed, good thyroid function your heart rate would be fine running 85 to 90 bpm. If your heart rate is running 85, 90, 100+ bpm because of high adrenalin that would be bad. There's a lot of things that can support heart health, directly and indirectly. Thyroid hormone, aspirin, red light, niacinamide, low FFA, EFA deficiency, anti-serotonin drugs, vitamin C + lysine therapy, are some of the things that come to mind first.
I agree.