Is 5mg Vitamin D IM Injection Too High Of A Dose?

A.R

Been prescribed this by the doctor. Is such a high dose (200,000iu) even safe?

tankasnowgod

Been prescribed this by the doctor. Is such a high dose (200,000iu) even safe?

Well, I am a bit wary of one time high doses and D injections..... but it **probably** is safe.

I am actually doing a fairly high daily dose of D orally as an experiment. I detail the possible benefits here, and go over some of the research about toxicity- Supplementing More Than 10,000 IU Of Vitamin D A Day Based On The Work Of Jeff Bowles

In the Grant Generaux Thread, I analzyed some of the Vitamin D toxicity studies that Garret Smith pointed to- Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

The most relevant one to you would probably be this one- “Excess gooD can be Dangerous”. A case series of iatrogenic symptomatic hypercalcemia due to hypervitaminosis D

That talks about D toxicity and injections, but all received a higher dose than you were prescribed, and all patients got multiple injections before they started noticing toxicity.

Curious.... did your doctor give you any reasons for injection over oral dosing? You could get a similar amount by taking 50,000 IU per week over a month orally. Or even more taking 10,000 IU daily. Both of those doses are very safe and very cheap.

OP
A.R

A.R

Well, I am a bit wary of one time high doses and D injections..... but it **probably** is safe.

I am actually doing a fairly high daily dose of D orally as an experiment. I detail the possible benefits here, and go over some of the research about toxicity- Supplementing More Than 10,000 IU Of Vitamin D A Day Based On The Work Of Jeff Bowles

In the Grant Generaux Thread, I analzyed some of the Vitamin D toxicity studies that Garret Smith pointed to- Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

The most relevant one to you would probably be this one- “Excess gooD can be Dangerous”. A case series of iatrogenic symptomatic hypercalcemia due to hypervitaminosis D

That talks about D toxicity and injections, but all received a higher dose than you were prescribed, and all patients got multiple injections before they started noticing toxicity.

Curious.... did your doctor give you any reasons for injection over oral dosing? You could get a similar amount by taking 50,000 IU per week over a month orally. Or even more taking 10,000 IU daily. Both of those doses are very safe and very cheap.
It's in 1ml ampules. I could break the ampule and just drink it, but I prefer to inject.

Alpha

I used to take 200,000 IUs every week.

I also used to drink the ampule, instead of injecting it.

OP
A.R

A.R

I used to take 200,000 IUs every week.

I also used to drink the ampule, instead of injecting it.
How long was you on this routine for? Did you get blood tests done after to see if your D levels improved?

Alpha

How long was you on this routine for? Did you get blood tests done after to see if your D levels improved?

Around a year, and no never had blood tests. Now I take 50k twice a week in pill form.

I also never go out in the sun, so 30k/day was fine for me.

OP
A.R

A.R

Around a year, and no never had blood tests. Now I take 50k twice a week in pill form.

I also never go out in the sun, so 30k/day was fine for me.
Did you try to keep calcium high and supplement with k2? I think these are the cofactors along with d

E

eat my peat

I am actually doing a fairly high daily dose of D orally as an experiment.
how did the experiment go? and what are you dosing now?

been taking 12,000 iu orally for a couple weeks as getting zero sunshine

feel good.