Is 5g aspirin daily safe in long term?

FitnessMike

Iceman2016

I remember some studies being posted here showing aspirin lowered testosterone as well as sperm count. There are also other studies showing testosterone rising from aspirin use.

I used to take 650mg of aspirin a day fairly regularly but have since limited it to only when I have a headache. Also, we did have two kids during the time I was taking aspirin regularly and my sperm count/quality was well above average so maybe the studies showing negative effects should be taken with a grain of salt.

There's also the issue of increasing chances of internal bleeding and vitamin K deficiency.

youngsinatra

I think you should only take that high amount of aspirin if you have an extreme case of cancer, but even then I‘d rather use other safer substances that are therapeutic.

I am pretty sure you run into problems with that high dosage. What do you want to achieve with 5 grams of aspirin?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I think you should only take that high amount of aspirin if you have an extreme case of cancer, but even then I‘d rather use other safer substances that are therapeutic.

I am pretty sure you run into problems with that high dosage. What do you want to achieve with 5 grams of aspirin?
just boost my metabolism and lower stress during the day, i took 1.6g this morning and my pulse went up for awhile, more than i take a gram.

Green Dot

I used to take 650mg of aspirin a day fairly regularly but have since limited it to only when I have a headache. Also, we did have two kids during the time I was taking aspirin regularly and my sperm count/quality was well above average so maybe the studies showing negative effects should be taken with a grain of salt.
I think those studies are over-dosing the intake, similarly to other studies showing that aspirin "majorly irritates" the gut.

There shouldn't be a reason why aspirin would reduce sperm count. It should actually do the opposite if you're consuming enough fructose and vitamins.

Iceman2016

I think those studies are over-dosing the intake, similarly to other studies showing that aspirin "majorly irritates" the gut.

There shouldn't be a reason why aspirin would reduce sperm count. It should actually do the opposite if you're consuming enough fructose and vitamins.
Right. In my case I was fine however 5g seems like it might fall into the overdosing range.

Aspirin is one of the few substances I have ever taken as a supplement that I can "feel". It regularly puts me in a calm, relaxed, warm and cozy state. That's why even in cases of a headache, I only ever take it before bed... It's amazing for sleep in my experience as well.

supercoolguy

For 2-3 consecutive days I tried dosages above 1-2 Tabs and its too much for me. Light headed-ness and sense of impending doom : ]
Quality product, Evenly dosed, good food intake, it didn't seem to matter. Could be my Low Cholesterol issue? I dunno.

5 GRAMS in a day, would put me under the table.

jnklheimer

It seems like alot. Iirc Dr. Peat said 1.5g a day was upper limit of safe dosage for normal use.

youngsinatra

I‘d rather use things like high dose thiamin, niacinamide, biotin, magnesium + supplemental foods like coffee, red meat, occasional beef liver, salt, fruits.
There are less side effects with those in my opinion.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I‘d rather use things like high dose thiamin, niacinamide, biotin, magnesium + supplemental foods like coffee, red meat, occasional beef liver, salt, fruits.
There are less side effects with those in my opinion.
what side effects are you talking about?

Marquis777

I used 5 to 6.5 grams of aspirin a day with baking soda. It made me really creative when I was doing that. My bones ached a little bit but it went a way in a week or so.

Sheik

When I was doing high dose aspirin I started getting this feeling like I couldn't breathe (more like my body wasn't getting the oxygen from breathing). After a while I made the connection, and after some googling I found out about "aspirin induced respiratory disease". I reduced my aspirin intake and the feeling went away.

Marquis777

When I was doing high dose aspirin I started getting this feeling like I couldn't breathe (more like my body wasn't getting the oxygen from breathing). After a while I made the connection, and after some googling I found out about "aspirin induced respiratory disease". I reduced my aspirin intake and the feeling went away.
That's simular to dnp. It could help you lose weight but I would take less aspirin and be able to breathe. I'm taking 3.25 grams of aspirin and 400 mg of caffeine. I just don't want to lower estrogen too much.

db9

I remember some studies being posted here showing aspirin lowered testosterone as well as sperm count. There are also other studies showing testosterone rising from aspirin use.

There's also the issue of increasing chances of internal bleeding and vitamin K deficiency.
How did the kids turn out lol? (Joking)

PaRa

5g i don't know how you still hear something, tried 2G one time and i already had my hearing capacity halved, you guys are crazy

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals