Is 2% milk ok? or too much fat?

Sexypizza

I cant seem to find any low fat lactose free milk in the stores these days but they have 2% lactose free milk.

Is that ok to drink? I'm trying to lose a bit of weight too so I'm worried that might get in the way too.

Andman

its most likely ok, however id suggest keeping track of your calories/macros for weight management

equipoise

The difference in taste is enormous between skimmed and full fat. Milk is a tasty drink because of fat. What works for me is cutting fat elsewhere and enjoying full fat milk.

Samya

I'm bumping this as have a similar question, looking for input from people who drink fattier milk long term.

I tried skimmed milk for a while with a low fat diet and did fine but noticed whenever I reintroduced fattier milk (2%) the skin on the back of my hand improved considerably. I don't use a mirror much so not sure about face etc but I know the back of my hand like the back of my hand!

I'm a tall slim, gaining and losing weight weight in the right places so seems to be working quite well. I have somewhat lost taste for sugar though as currently getting around half my energy from fat.

Last edited:

Birdie

I use 2%.

Samya

Do you add sugars? Whether it be to the milk or your diet in general?

I've even thought of whole milk for more calories and less liquid, although I think it makes sense to aim for a human milk composition of around 55% sugars and up to 30% fat rather than the other way round as too much fat slows me down.