Irritability From Cypro

Dean

Many report that those effects wear off after 3 - 4 days. Did you try taking it for several days in a row?

Yeah, this is (was) my second go around with cypro. I stuck with it for a few weeks the first time and things got really bad mood-wise. I guess it's just not going to work for me.

Giraffe

Such_Saturation said:
post 106707 The highest I can go is 1mg, but then it's useless for both histamine and digestion. One milligram is only good for unwinding at the end of the day, for example when you skipped a meal and can feel the stress coming on.
Do you know how much is needed for the antihistamine effect? Or how do you know (feel?) that the dose is high enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
Giraffe said:
Such_Saturation said:
post 106707 The highest I can go is 1mg, but then it's useless for both histamine and digestion. One milligram is only good for unwinding at the end of the day, for example when you skipped a meal and can feel the stress coming on.
Do you know how much is needed for the antihistamine effect? Or how do you know (feel?) that the dose is high enough?

It starts unclogging your nose over 2mg, but it takes hours and it seems to work indirectly, as though by making you healthier. Perhaps the H1 histamine is what's really important for nose congestion, I mean I can take 10mg of ebastine and I won't get a clogged nose no matter what I eat, for 24 hours minimum. Now of course, 10mg cyproheptadine also might do that, but it isn't user-friendly. However, seeing as food is the only reason I get a clogged nose, cyproheptadine's approach to treating allergies does make a lot of sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoolTweetPete

Began experiencing this tonight. Very irritable and reactive. Maybe I used too much caffeine today to get over last nights dose but I had terrible insomnia which I haven't had in a long time.

I may need to cut the dose and reevaluate. Eating (a lot) seems to have helped a bit.

Also experienced a great deal of itching which is odd for an antihistamine. Usually when I take Benadryl it's quite the opposite and from what I understand serotonin is involved in itching.

Anyone else get itchy from a few mg of Cypro?