Irritability From Cypro

answersfound

I've noticed some members, including myself have experienced irritability from cypro. Why is this? Lowering serotonin is said to create feelings of love. Is cypro increasing estrogen?

InChristAlone

Might just need more fuel.

Velve921

I've been on Cypro for 5 days now. The first night it knocked me out hard and I felt sluggish/tired/unmotivated for 3-4 days. I started with with 1mg the first night....dropped it down to .5mg for the next few nights, then upto 1mg again for 1 night, then last night did 2mg. The sluggishness is subsiding and I don't feel exhausted like I did at the beginning. I noticed I needed to ramp up fruit intake and decrease fat intake during this process; it would make sense that the decrease in serotonin could be ramping my metabolism? What are your irritability symptoms?

Haidut started a Cypro forum that was largely helpful to me...he includes studies and people give lots of feedback on their experience.

Peata

If I felt irritable on cypro, I took it as a sign of blood sugar dropping, so I ate.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

Dean

yeah, I took 1/2 gram of cypro for 2nd straight night and this afternoon I feel myself slipping into the depression abyss again and just seething with rage. I tried eating and I'm not feeling any better. I guess my dopamine levels or thyroid function is too deficient.

OP
A

answersfound

Dean said:
post 106668 yeah, I took 1/2 gram of cypro for 2nd straight night and this afternoon I feel myself slipping into the depression abyss again and just seething with rage. I tried eating and I'm not feeling any better. I guess my dopamine levels or thyroid function is too deficient.

Half a milligram you mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're lucky, I also get anhedonia for like 36 hours :cool:

OP
A

answersfound

Such_Saturation said:
post 106679 You're lucky, I also get anhedonia for like 36 hours :cool:

Wow...how much do you take at once? What time of day? How frequently do you take?

Dean

answersfound said:
post 106671
Dean said:
post 106668 yeah, I took 1/2 gram of cypro for 2nd straight night and this afternoon I feel myself slipping into the depression abyss again and just seething with rage. I tried eating and I'm not feeling any better. I guess my dopamine levels or thyroid function is too deficient.

Half a milligram you mean.

yeah, sorry...that's what I meant...an eighth of a pill

answersfound said:
post 106680
Such_Saturation said:

Wow...how much do you take at once? What time of day? How frequently do you take?

If you are referring to anhedonia, 4mg, once, at any time of day.

OP
A

answersfound

It seems as though the dopamine is a better anti-serotonin than the actual amount of serotonin blocking that goes on.

Dean

Such_Saturation said:
post 106689 It seems as though the dopamine is a better anti-serotonin than the actual amount of serotonin blocking that goes on.

Have you or are you inclined to try cypro with lisuride or one of the other dopamine agonist pharmas?

OP
A

answersfound

Dean said:
post 106700
Such_Saturation said:
post 106689 It seems as though the dopamine is a better anti-serotonin than the actual amount of serotonin blocking that goes on.

Have you or are you inclined to try cypro with lisuride or one of the other dopamine agonist pharmas?

Cypro and lisuirde is a one way ticket to constipation city for me.

Giraffe

Such_Saturation said:
What is your experience with lower doses?

Dean said:
post 106668 yeah, I took 1/2 milligram of cypro for 2nd straight night and this afternoon I feel myself slipping into the depression abyss again and just seething with rage. I tried eating and I'm not feeling any better. I guess my dopamine levels or thyroid function is too deficient.
Many report that those effects wear off after 3 - 4 days. Did you try taking it for several days in a row?

goodandevil

Such_Saturation said:
2nd that .. wouldn't mind soke acid tho. Ill call my gp :D

Dean said:
post 106700
Such_Saturation said:

Italian pharmacists will give you antihistamines without any kind of prescription if you are willing to pay retail price (but they technically require one), thanks to a long tradition of seasonal allergies. Antiparkinson (or so they call them) medicine could be trickier. But basically the class of drugs is perceived as safer just because everyone uses it. If you load up on about a gram of caffeine you can negate the side effects of cyproheptadine, but it's not worth it because then you won't sleep for two days. And if you keep taking the cyproheptadine the side effects go away anyway.

Giraffe said:
post 106704
Such_Saturation said:
What is your experience with lower doses?

The highest I can go is 1mg, but then it's useless for both histamine and digestion. One milligram is only good for unwinding at the end of the day, for example when you skipped a meal and can feel the stress coming on.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals