Irrational Fear Of Xenoestrogens? Progestelle

spicegirl

Hi,

Can anyone help set my mind straight about this.

So, I purchased Progetelle progesterone oil*. It comes with instructions on how to avoid Xenoestrogens, which is seriously intense. It's extensive and gives a list of "clean" products (mostly skin care, laundry, cleaning, etc.).

The instructions say that if you use an offending product you should not use progesterone oil or it can make your symptoms worse. He suggests staying totally clean for weeks or months before starting it. In fairness to the doctor who sells it, he also says that if you avoid these products you won't need the Progetelle he's selling. It's kind of scary! He also seems to really care about women and the environment, but I think fear can cause as much stress as the wrong food or supplement!

It has me freaked out about using anything. Is this rational??

Thanks!
sg

* USP Pharmaceutical Grade Natural Progesterone from Yams as the raw material (Bioidentical Progesterone)
-Coconut Oil

OP
S

spicegirl

Okay, thanks. It's just that his list is like seriously intense. Although, I will say, if you want to really clean up your act, his product is worth ordering for that detailed list of products (he also gives a one-hour free consultation).

Again, he seems very caring. This is not a plug for him or his product, just sharing my perspective and experience.

Be well!

michael94

Borax can replace most cleaning supplies/detergents and will save you money also. Internal production of estrogen and serotonin is the bigger concern though...

Dhair

Okay, thanks. It's just that his list is like seriously intense. Although, I will say, if you want to really clean up your act, his product is worth ordering for that detailed list of products (he also gives a one-hour free consultation).

Again, he seems very caring. This is not a plug for him or his product, just sharing my perspective and experience.

Be well!
He's not wrong, but it's important to remember that working tirelessly to eliminate all potentially harmful environmental toxins can be very stressful as well. There is a balance between safety and practicality.

eliminate cosmetics, deodorants, soaps and conditioners and shampoos that have bad ingredients. Switch to a good laundry soap (not detergent, not one with essential oils or other stuff), and don't store food or microwave in plastic. Don't drink water from those little bottles.

That gets you there. It isn't really that hard.

OP
S

spicegirl

Thanks for the helpful responses! I do make a lot of my own stuff and use borax (he says that Oxyclean is actually safe, which is weird, but...).

Anyway, what's tough is when he says that if you use anything offending, you should start over and not use progesterone for a couple of months. That just seems extreme (and stressful). He seems to think that once you're in contact with an offending ingredient, you need to really detox it out. He deals with a lot of women who are trying to get pregnant, so they might have a specific mission.

I'm going to be traveling soon and can't stay 100% by any means. So, just not sure whether I should use the oil or just hold off until I can detox after my travels.

Thanks again!
sg

tomisonbottom

Thanks for the helpful responses! I do make a lot of my own stuff and use borax (he says that Oxyclean is actually safe, which is weird, but...).

Anyway, what's tough is when he says that if you use anything offending, you should start over and not use progesterone for a couple of months. That just seems extreme (and stressful). He seems to think that once you're in contact with an offending ingredient, you need to really detox it out. He deals with a lot of women who are trying to get pregnant, so they might have a specific mission.

I'm going to be traveling soon and can't stay 100% by any means. So, just not sure whether I should use the oil or just hold off until I can detox after my travels.

Thanks again!
sg

Have you tried Progest-E?

It doesn't have those kind of requirements, so if you don't want to have to wait several months every time you slip up, I'd use progest-E

LUH 3417

Have you tried Progest-E?

It doesn't have those kind of requirements, so if you don't want to have to wait several months every time you slip up, I'd use progest-E
I had a really bad response to progest E that actually made me experience symptoms of increased estrogen - bulging veins, puffiness under eyes, spider veins and cellulite. some of these i did not have before starting progest E. maybe the part about environmental estrogens applies to all progesterone supplementation.

Luann

Hi,

Can anyone help set my mind straight about this.

So, I purchased Progetelle progesterone oil*. It comes with instructions on how to avoid Xenoestrogens, which is seriously intense. It's extensive and gives a list of "clean" products (mostly skin care, laundry, cleaning, etc.).

Borax can replace most cleaning supplies/detergents and will save you money also. Internal production of estrogen and serotonin is the bigger concern though...

Yes just to address the question about cleaning supplies, it is amazing how few of the household detergents you really need. You don't need them in your hair, in the shower, on your floors and counters, or in your laundry. Borax and vinegar and vodka will take care of most cleaning jobs. I use no detergent on clothes at all not even borax and my laundry smells great after the dryer.

dookie

Not to be negative here, but eliminating all the soaps, perfumes, cleansing products, and eating only clean/organic, doesn't really make a big difference for me.

If you keep eating a food which irritates your intestines -- and that can be anything, really -- you can have the most perfect clean environment and foods, but the estrogen problem will persist.

Try to focus on what actually makes a difference. Usually it is just a few simple principles. No need to live in a bubble. Oh, and most supplements can paradoxically be estrogenic, so be careful with that

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals