Iron Status From A Thermodynamic Perspective

marcar72

I've recently bought a cast iron griddle for cooking burgers and omelettes on, and I'm amazed at just how well cooking on cast iron turns out! The reason for this can be seen in how cast iron operates. It's slow to heat up and slow to cool down. The ability of cast iron to hold a "charge" like this got me to thinking...

... about the status of a person's iron stores and the relation this might have to a person's health from a thermodynamic perspective.

This ability of iron (cast iron) to build up and hold a charge (heat), and then to dissipate that charge (heat) slowly over time I would imagine could have huge implications in and of itself in regards to a person's health.

Queequeg

I used to use a cast iron pan all the time and loved it. However you probably would want to check your iron levels first so you dont risk raising your levels too high.

As for the thermodynamics impact, I would think that the amount of iron and our ability to manipulate it are far too low to affect the heat capacity of the body.

Last edited:
OP
marcar72

marcar72

As for the thermodynamics impact, I would think that the amount of iron and our ability to manipulate it are far too low to affect the heat capacity of the body.

Well if you consider the time variable and the number of energy transactions occuring throughout the human body in the coarse of a day I'm still thinking it would be a significant factor. Especially when you consider this Ray Peat fundamental concept....

Energy and structure are interdependent at every level. “ –Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals