Iron Overload?( Lab Results Inside)

alebaba

Im a little confuse, since my ferritin is normal range but my iron serum level and iron saturation is high, what does this mean?

2ah63vm.jpg

natedawggh

Definitely means you have high Iron. If you subscribe to Peat's science you should try to reduce your iron levels. Vitamin B1 is the best for reducing iron levels. Taking at high doses might induce a body odor at first (I have a theory that this is iron sulfide forming from the detox process). If it does this, reduce or stop, then start again and the smell should stop after enough Iron is eliminated from the body.

Also, blood donation, eating a low iron diet, and consuming milk and/or coffee with any meal that might contain iron will keep it from absorbing too much.

Iron excess can cause a whole host of health problems.

SaltGirl

natedawggh said:
Definitely means you have high Iron. If you subscribe to Peat's science you should try to reduce your iron levels. Vitamin B1 is the best for reducing iron levels. Taking at high doses might induce a body odor at first (I have a theory that this is iron sulfide forming from the detox process). If it does this, reduce or stop, then start again and the smell should stop after enough Iron is eliminated from the body.

Do you have any sources about the B1 thing? I have heard this mentioned around and I am very curious about it.

4peatssake

Peat's recommendation is to give blood.

Ray Peat said:
For about 50 years, it has been known that blood transfusions damage immunity, and excess iron has been suspected to be one of the causes for this. People who regularly donate blood, on the other hand, have often been found to be healthier than non-donors, and healthier than they were before they began donating.

Iron Dangers

stsfut

Just got back very similar results. Very high serum iron, saturation, transferrin, but normal ferritin (118). I already take 400mg of thiamine daily! I am just confused as to what is causing this high iron accumulation? Should I cut back on red meat?

bornamachine

OP what is your sex and age? What led you to do iron testing? What are your primary issues?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals