Iron Enriched foods

Jon2547

Here we are in 2022 and for all the talk about covid, and the Ukraine and Elon Musk and Pete Davidson (blech), there is virtually no talk about ending the addition of iron to breads, flour, cereals, etc.

Its astounding how some things can get swept under the rug and forgotten about.

Here we are in 2022 but many are still consuming diet soda even though there is no government mandate requiring them to do so. And I've seen grown-ups, er, I mean, adults, giving diet soda to a child. Its none of MY business what a parent gives to his child but still it is something of curiosity.

Some folks are still putting wireless monitors in their baby's cribs, still using using fluoride, still coating themselves with toxic chemicals, still drinking from aluminum cans.

When will things change for the majority?

Old Irenaeus

Here we are in 2022 and for all the talk about covid, and the Ukraine and Elon Musk and Pete Davidson (blech), there is virtually no talk about ending the addition of iron to breads, flour, cereals, etc.

Here we are in 2022 but many are still consuming diet soda even though there is no government mandate requiring them to do so. And I've seen grown-ups, er, I mean, adults, giving diet soda to a child. Its none of MY business what a parent gives to his child but still it is something of curiosity.

Some folks are still putting wireless monitors in their baby's cribs, still using using fluoride, still coating themselves with toxic chemicals, still drinking from aluminum cans.

We have been driven to distraction.

tankasnowgod

I've rarely seen anyone talk about that. I don't think there will be much talk about ending it, because most people don't see it as a problem, even people who point out issues with bread and grains.

I remember reading "Wheat Belly" back in the day, and for allllllll the things that Dr. Davis did, apparently, he never bothered to read the ingredients on a loaf of bread or cereal. Some basic research would have lead him to discover that fortification began in the 40's, which is right around the time he talks about a lot of issues with "modern wheat" beginning.

Dr. Thomas Levy did do a pretty good presentation on this-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUjmwTwNCAI

E. D. Weinberg wrote a great book on iron, and did 50 years research on it, but even mentioned in an interview from 2014 that he would still eat iron fortified cereals- Eugene D. Weinberg on Iron Toxicity - Rogue Health and Fitness

It was also a topic of discussion on the "Free The Animal" blog back in the day, but only seemed to be a topic for a few months. I think he moved to a subscriber model now.

And, I've been a fan of this demonstration for a while-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHqN-Be5nlU

OP
Jon2547

Jon2547

Added iron is one of the overlooked variables in the rise of morbidity over the last 80 years.

@tankasnowgod I've seen the 2nd video you posted but not the first one. I will check that one out after I get off work.

I'm going to read the article by E.D. Weinberg right now. I've never heard of him.

I th

It's a matter of you don't know what you don't know. I made all of those same mistakes early on raising my boys. Smart people are just ignorant about health issues. They think products can't be harmful or the government would have shut it down. It is the same with doctors, people judge a good doctor by how nice he is. I say Ted Bundy was nice too and look how far it got him. People are too trusting of other people, whether it be priests, police officers and even their own friends and family, and their health and their children's well being is worth being more cautious and worth taking more time to educate themselves on health. Also ask opposite questions, like instead of asking, "what are the health benefits of canola oil", ask what are the health RISKS of canola oil?" Two opposite questions will give you two opposite answers, then you get to decide, do I want to believe the maker or government or someone who has nothing to gain? It is tricky business nowadays getting truths.

K

Kayaker

Smart people are just ignorant about health issues. They think products can't be harmful or the government would have shut it down. It is the same with doctors, people judge a good doctor by how nice he is.
Eh? :-o I thought it was stupid people who do that. I was watching an interview on a TV screen and my mother commented about things such as how they look like or reacting to ideas she considered controversial. My older brother kept mimicking words he considered funny or expressing agreement for right-wing or anti-left views. Neither of them are smart, or at least they seem stupid to me. I'm fussy about everything, which can seem OCD, but I'm aware of how things affect me, like many on here are aware of how certain foods affect their gut.

My mother is way too prone to flattery, for example from doctors, and talks about them. My brother is opposite on the spectrum: Has a reductionist distrust in things as a whole, not intelligently accounting for exceptions. Kind of like @tankasnowgod thinks everything is fake.

Old Irenaeus

Smart people are just ignorant about health issues.
Know-it-all-types are especially dismissive of nutrition information that doesn't jive with what they think is the settled and scientifically backed view. E.g. they love broccoli, salmon, vegetable oils; laugh at you if you say that beef tallow is good, etc. I can appreciate that they have other interests in life, but it's a pity that many can't see how degraded our foods are.

Know-it-all-types are especially dismissive of nutrition information that doesn't jive with what they think is the settled and scientifically backed view. E.g. they love broccoli, salmon, vegetable oils; laugh at you if you say that beef tallow is good, etc. I can appreciate that they have other interests in life, but it's a pity that many can't see how degraded our foods are.

Yeah they think we are being picky or we have an unhealthy relationship with food. They can't understand caring about what goes into your body, that moment of pleasure trumps all. Funny my biggest mockery are overweight people with health issues while have neither. It is so strange.

Grapelander

At this point - they want to kill us with kindness.
Iron , Cancer , Chelators and Rice Bran by Bill Sardi - 2005
Age is the primary risk factor for cancer. Most skin cancers occur after age 50. Most cases of prostate and breast cancer occur after age 65. The Merck Manual says that "although cancer occurs in persons of every age, it is fundamentally a disease of aging. Sixty percent of new cancer cases and two-thirds of cancer deaths occur in persons over 65 years of age." Aging is accompanied by an accumulation of iron in the body. Eighty percent of iron in the body resides in the red blood cells. During childhood, iron is being utilized to make new red blood cells. Red blood cells are dying and being replaced at a rate of 2 million per second in adults . In growing children the demand to make new red blood cells is greater than in adulthood and all available iron is used to produce new blood cells. The risk for cancer is low during the growth years. The demand for iron, to make new red blood cells, slows once full growth is achieved. Women delay the accumulation of iron by virtue of the faet they lose iron during monthly menstrual flow, or donate iron to their unborn babies. The slow accumulation of iron, after full growth in males (after age 18 or so), or when menstruation ceases in females (menopause or early hysterectomy), gradually increases the risk of cancer. More specifically, females dump about 30 milligrams of iron per month through menstruation, whereas males accumulate about 1 milligram of iron per day after they reach full growth {after about age 18).' By middle age men have an excess of 3,000-5,000 milligrams of iron compared to women and experience twice the rate of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and infections. Tumor cells, bacteria, viruses and fungi ail depend upon iron as their primary growth factor. The accumulation of iron in non-menstruating women either from early hysterectomy or menopause increases the risk of cancer.

Grapelander

Synthetic and Natural Iron Chelators: Therapeutic Potential and Clinical Use
Data suggest that foods containing plant polyphenols and flavonoid compounds may have benefits not only as potent antioxidants, but also as iron chelators.

Proanthocyanins, epicatechins, flavanols and anthocyanin contain an iron-binding motif similar to the catechol moiety that is a known iron-binding element of microbial siderophores. Subclasses of flavonoids are based on chemical structure: flavanols (examples of rich sources: teas and red wine), flavanones (citrus foods), flavones (fruit skins, peppers and leafy vegetables), isoflavones (soy foods), flavanols (leeks, onions, leafy vegetables and tomatoes), anthocyanidins (berries) and proanthocyanins (apples, chocolate and nuts). The activities of flavonoids are dependent on their chemical structures and the position and degree of hydroxylation appear particularly important for their biochemical and pharmacological actions. The most well-absorbed flavonoids by humans are isoflavones, gallic acid, catechins, flavanones and quercetin glucosides.

The ability of flavan-3-ol to chelate iron and other essential minerals limits growth of invasive microorganisms by causing severe mineral depletion and is vital to plant defense against pathogens. Flavan-3-ols exhibit antioxidant activity via several mechanisms, including the scavenging of free radicals, chelation of transition metals and inhibition of enzymes.

reality

Synthetic and Natural Iron Chelators: Therapeutic Potential and Clinical Use
Data suggest that foods containing plant polyphenols and flavonoid compounds may have benefits not only as potent antioxidants, but also as iron chelators.

Proanthocyanins, epicatechins, flavanols and anthocyanin contain an iron-binding motif similar to the catechol moiety that is a known iron-binding element of microbial siderophores. Subclasses of flavonoids are based on chemical structure: flavanols (examples of rich sources: teas and red wine), flavanones (citrus foods), flavones (fruit skins, peppers and leafy vegetables), isoflavones (soy foods), flavanols (leeks, onions, leafy vegetables and tomatoes), anthocyanidins (berries) and proanthocyanins (apples, chocolate and nuts). The activities of flavonoids are dependent on their chemical structures and the position and degree of hydroxylation appear particularly important for their biochemical and pharmacological actions. The most well-absorbed flavonoids by humans are isoflavones, gallic acid, catechins, flavanones and quercetin glucosides.

The ability of flavan-3-ol to chelate iron and other essential minerals limits growth of invasive microorganisms by causing severe mineral depletion and is vital to plant defense against pathogens. Flavan-3-ols exhibit antioxidant activity via several mechanisms, including the scavenging of free radicals, chelation of transition metals and inhibition of enzymes.

Aren’t they chelating other minerals like calcium, zinc etc?

Demyze

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom