Iron Deficiency Reduces The Efficacy Of Tryptophan As A Niacin Precursor. Lower NAD

Cirion

I am curious why no comments on this? Could be why some of us can't handle milk well?

michael94

I am curious why no comments on this? Could be why some of us can't handle milk well?

and also just slow metabolism in general. Ive taken milk with salt and even mixed salt i to the milk before when I knew I wasnt going to digest it optimally and it really helped the serotonin side effect. It also helped me enjoy milk in small amounts instead of feeling like I had to drink several cups at a time to fight against the stress spiral

michael94

I know the salty milk may not be desirable so lets get back to Iron

years ago and even now I would get this craving for iron fortifies bread. I used to think it was carbs but in retrospect Im quite positive that I was just so iron deficient from fasting and eating chicken breast.

Anyway what I used to do, and Im not recommending this, but I would eat a large amount of iron enriched bread in one sitting... with orange juice ( yes I know ) and guaifenesin, for some reason the guaifenesin was key

This was back before I knew about oysters as an iron source,

michael94

and also just slow metabolism in general. Ive taken milk with salt and even mixed salt i to the milk before when I knew I wasnt going to digest it optimally and it really helped the serotonin side effect. It also helped me enjoy milk in small amounts instead of feeling like I had to drink several cups at a time to fight against the stress spiral

You know how Ray talks about how milk is convenient as a food to take in small amounts, that concept was completely alien to me. If I drank a few sips of milk it would be like a serotonin supplement... just sitting there in the stomach. Then you feel like you have to either drink more milk or just more of anything... Thats the stress spiral Im talking about.

Cirion

@michael94 interesting. don't let tankasnowgod hear about you eating iron fortified bread on purpose or he might completely flip out LOL

I know exactly what you mean in regards to the stress spiral. I can only seemingly handle tryptophan as long as I get sufficient gelatin, but I need stupid large amounts of gelatin, and I recently found out the hard way that if I have more than 36 gram or so of gelatin a day I get other new problems (painful bowel movements), so this only works so well.

this is part of the reason I tend to eat 5000-6000 calories a day, it often takes me this many calories to finally break the stress cycle... and this is why I am also fat lol sigh

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals