Iron and copper

tommyg130

Is it safe to say I should stop donating blood? My iron saturation is below range . I also have high copper / vitamin A and ceuroplasmin. All top of range high. Which shows my iron is being recycled properly I think? Can continuing to donate be a problem? Some Ppl today think you want literally like damn near zero iron lol.. and the theory is it’s stuck in the tissues not the blood. Would you stop donatin if you were me?

Attachments

• EC8D955B-99B5-42AC-9AA2-8985A1AFC819.jpeg
    EC8D955B-99B5-42AC-9AA2-8985A1AFC819.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 23
Is it safe to say I should stop donating blood? My iron saturation is below range . I also have high copper / vitamin A and ceuroplasmin. All top of range high. Which shows my iron is being recycled properly I think? Can continuing to donate be a problem? Some Ppl today think you want literally like damn near zero iron lol.. and the theory is it’s stuck in the tissues not the blood. Would you stop donatin if you were me?

I am no expert on lab test results, but I wouldn’t stop donating, especially if you are not feeling fatigued. Ray Peat has talked about people with low iron being more disease resistant, which seems to be a lucky thing with everything going around nowadays…

“…adults to store too much iron. At birth, they have a large amount of stored iron, and this decreases as they "grow into it." It is after puberty, when growth slows and the sex hormones are high, that the storage of iron increases. [Blood, Sept., 1976.] In a study of the "malnourished" children of migrant fruit pickers in California, these children who were "seriously anemic" were actually more resistant to infectious diseases than were the "well nourished" middle class children in the same region.

If the normal amount of dietary iron causes an increased susceptibility to infections even in children, and if a subnormal amount of iron slows the aging process, I think we are going to have to reconsider our ideas of nutritional adequacy, to look at the long range effects of diet, as well as the immediate effects. My current studies have to do with analyzing our ability to handle stress safely, in relation to our diet. I believe our nutritional recommendations for iron have to be revised sharply downward.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals