Irish Sea moss?

It’s hard not to hear about Irish seamoss now a days. To my understanding different sea weeds have been shown to be estrogenic and have some weird side effects. Has anyone tried Irish Sea moss? Know anything about it? It is supposedly full of Vitamins and minerals. What do you think? I forgot to mention it’s also usually paired with burdock root and sarsaparilla root.

Last edited:

meatbag

It’s hard not to hear about Irish seamoss now a days. To my understanding different sea weeds have been shown to be estrogenic and have some weird side effects. Has anyone tried Irish Sea moss? Know anything about it? It is supposedly full of Vitamins and minerals. What do you think?
Do you have any links? I know in the most recent Oneradionetwork interview Peat and Patrick discussed algae supplements; Ray Peat Interview - One Radio Network - March 15, 2021

Its one of the last listener email questions they discuss at the end. Basically he says they are very risky

Nicole W.

It’s hard not to hear about Irish seamoss now a days. To my understanding different sea weeds have been shown to be estrogenic and have some weird side effects. Has anyone tried Irish Sea moss? Know anything about it? It is supposedly full of Vitamins and minerals. What do you think? I forgot to mention it’s also usually paired with burdock root and sarsaparilla root.
Otherwise known as carageenan. It’s used in a lot of dairy products. It’s allergenic and carcinogenic in rats. i would avoid it completely.

uglehpug

No idea about those experiments but the carrageenan used in dairy and pastry products is processed. I rather not judge any micro nutritient with their processed state. Look at palm oil for instance, there's a huge difference between processed and raw palm oil.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals