IQ Scores Have Been Dropping For Decades And The Reason Is NOT Genetic

"...Dr Nijenhuis studied the results of 14 intelligence studies conducted between 1884 and 2004 to come to his conclusion. Each study measured peoples’ reaction times – how long they took to press a button after being prompted. It is claimed that reaction time mirrors mental processing speed – so it reflects intelligence. They found that visual reaction times averaged 194 milliseconds in the late 19th Century, but in 2004, they had increased to 275 milliseconds. This would suggest that people have become less intelligent, they said."

That's purely metabolic.

x-ray peat

I'm surprised that the scandinavian countries are having problems with refugees as I didn't think they were that religious. i can see why a place like italy is having problems due to religious conflict, but there has to be another reason for the northern countries. here in canada, there does not seem to be any issues with refugees, though the numbers coming in are much lower than some of the european countries. im thinking b/c canada doesn't really have an identity, other cultures are allowed to be who they are without much judgement as long as they follow basic morals.
not sure if serious?

Me neither.
That is the power of state sponsored propaganda. Most people in the US have no idea what the real truth is regarding illegal immigration either. Many still falsely claim it is a net positive to the economy or that they commit crimes at lower rates than non-illegals, as just a couple of examples.

Sobieski

That is the power of state sponsored propaganda. Most people in the US have no idea what the real truth is regarding illegal immigration either. Many still falsely claim it is a net positive to the economy or that they commit crimes at lower rates than non-illegals, as just a couple of examples.

Two quotes from evil collectivist/statist philosophies spring to mind;
"The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one." - Adolf Hitler
&
"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin

x-ray peat

Two quotes from evil collectivist/statist philosophies spring to mind;
"The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one." - Adolf Hitler
&
"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin
"some lies are as useful as bread"

Dhair

I think you're right, but I don't think that the issues of mass immigration have much to do with IQ. Cultural assimilation is just impossible when large numbers of immigrants are forced on the native population.
Funny that @haidut mentions The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The author of those books is obviously a propagandist with some pretty extreme gender politics and a clear agenda. Most Swedes are actually scared to death to criticise the new wave of immigrants for fear of social ostracization or even legal consequences.
The burden is not on the native population to assimilate mass numbers of people from undeveloped countries who they never asked to come there.

Last edited:

lexis

Saw this post on a forum. What do you call this sickness?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold and Calculating

Someone recently told me that everything I do is so calculated that it seems like I am an intelligent machine programmed to win favor from all my peers/authority figures.

Oh, how true it is.

I live life like it's a science. I have no feelings -- only thoughts. When I do feel -- a rare occurrence -- I am scared because the notion of feeling strongly about anything except my own immediate gratification is foreign, an intruder, and something I cannot handle.

Being cold and calculating is something I adore about myself; at the same time, it can be lonely, dysphoric, and actually really, really depressing. But when I feel down, I can be immediately re-energized by a smile from a pretty girl, or from a swift compliment made by a professor. . . or by someone I do not even know.

My affect is shallow, my presentation impeccable, my hopes and dreams "superficial". I want the worst for you -- it makes me feel better. I like when tragedies happen because it is exciting. If a family member dies, my primary concern is what suit I will wear to the funeral.

I do care about others in my own way, but, no matter what, my needs come first always.

mt_dreams

not sure if serious?

Me neither.

Yes I was being serious. I can't speak for the whole of canada, as I know there appears to be muslim/french conflicts in our french speaking province of quebec. likewise assimilation in the midland provinces is not easy compared to the metropolitan areas. here in ontario, it's not a major issue. there are definitely terrorists individuals pledging alliance with isis hiding within the mass of the muslim population as evidence of the recent mass casualty event that took place in TO a couple months back , but that's no different than nazi enthusiasts, kkk, crazy lunatics, or whatever, hiding within the christian population. the problem with other countries is they do not create middle class pockets for different cultures. if you want to be around italians, move to woodbridge, portugese, move to caledonia, indians (be it hindu, muslim, or siek) move to brampton, etc. Trudeu didn't need to go to india to feel comfortable wearing traditional indian clothes, he just had to go to brampton as that's the attire of most people over 50 in that city. much like the invasion of europeans post ww2, it's common knowledge that if you work hard, you will be able to give your children a chance at a better life. i imagine this is why canada mostly imports muslims with children, as it reinforces this prospect more than single individuals who might loose sight of the greater goal and join the dark side.

As I mentioned in the first post I don't spend much time with the rif-raff in low income areas, whom appear to be drugged/sleeping walking half the time. i've talked till i was blue in the face about lowering spending and making passive income, so most people i know live in at least middle class pockets. we don't have gated communities here, and crime seems to stay in the low income areas. muslims and other non-whites who come here have a choice, and most that live in middle class areas are usually accepted and in-turn act morally as to not be compared with the lesser individuals of their race/religion. the same is true with whites as well.

i don't spew out propaganda, and sharia law is something everyone needs to be mindful of. that said, give someone optimism, show proof that's it's possible, and accept them, while allowing them to integrate at a natural pace, and much of the resentment can be overcome. it's not perfect, but there's no other alternative. maybe white people should have put more pressure on their governments in the past to not mess up the middle east for the last 70 years in pursuit of oil & power. there have been at least 3 unconstitutional wars on that land in the last 60 years, it is what it is. canadians are known for their post war (usually american initiated) clean up & restoration. the war in the middle east does not look like it will end until one of the major powers (russia notwithstanding) builds the caspian (something the germans had in the past, hence ww2 to dismantle it). until then, bringing those people to non-war lands, be it the few in the middle east, or elsewhere in the world, are the only options.

mt_dreams

if you look at american history, you will see there is a cycle where latino immigration is desired, then when something economically happen, they are blamed, and they are then kicked out. there have been at least 5 cycles of this over the last 150 years or so. the real issue to the disappearing middle class is something no one wants to admit b/c they have become our demi-gods. if you take the big 5 as in apple, goog, amazon, facebook, microsoft (just to name a few), they have over 3 trillion in net worth yet pay very little (and in amazon & apples case no) taxes. these companies supply roughly 500k middle/upper class jobs. the same net worth of big companies 50 years ago (inflation adjusted) would have created roughly 75 million middle/upper class jobs. this is the ONLY reason why the middle class is disappearing. so when you see one of these companies push for basic minimum welfare for all, it's b/c they know what they've done, and don't want to loose any of their current power.

mt_dreams

to get back on track to the original posting. insecticides such as organochlorines, organiphospates, etc, are known neurological poisons, yet we use them to grow all our food. most of our current ailments can be traced back to when we started using synthetic fertilizer and not allowing the soil to be replenished like we had prior to that. add to that the pesticides & plastics everywhere and it's hard to argue what's causing all this. things grown in low quality soil are known to absorb heavy metals that it would not otherwise absorb if the soil was healthy. we have no respect for the soil kingdom that allowed us animals to be here.

Saw this post on a forum. What do you call this sickness?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold and Calculating

Someone recently told me that everything I do is so calculated that it seems like I am an intelligent machine programmed to win favor from all my peers/authority figures.

Oh, how true it is.

I live life like it's a science. I have no feelings -- only thoughts. When I do feel -- a rare occurrence -- I am scared because the notion of feeling strongly about anything except my own immediate gratification is foreign, an intruder, and something I cannot handle.

Being cold and calculating is something I adore about myself; at the same time, it can be lonely, dysphoric, and actually really, really depressing. But when I feel down, I can be immediately re-energized by a smile from a pretty girl, or from a swift compliment made by a professor. . . or by someone I do not even know.

My affect is shallow, my presentation impeccable, my hopes and dreams "superficial". I want the worst for you -- it makes me feel better. I like when tragedies happen because it is exciting. If a family member dies, my primary concern is what suit I will wear to the funeral.

I do care about others in my own way, but, no matter what, my needs come first always.

Looks like malignant narcissism

to get back on track to the original posting. insecticides such as organochlorines, organiphospates, etc, are known neurological poisons, yet we use them to grow all our food. most of our current ailments can be traced back to when we started using synthetic fertilizer and not allowing the soil to be replenished like we had prior to that. add to that the pesticides & plastics everywhere and it's hard to argue what's causing all this. things grown in low quality soil are known to absorb heavy metals that it would not otherwise absorb if the soil was healthy. we have no respect for the soil kingdom that allowed us animals to be here.

Don't worry there's a cleanse coming

x-ray peat

if you look at american history, you will see there is a cycle where latino immigration is desired, then when something economically happen, they are blamed, and they are then kicked out. there have been at least 5 cycles of this over the last 150 years or so. the real issue to the disappearing middle class is something no one wants to admit b/c they have become our demi-gods. if you take the big 5 as in apple, goog, amazon, facebook, microsoft (just to name a few), they have over 3 trillion in net worth yet pay very little (and in amazon & apples case no) taxes. these companies supply roughly 500k middle/upper class jobs. the same net worth of big companies 50 years ago (inflation adjusted) would have created roughly 75 million middle/upper class jobs. this is the ONLY reason why the middle class is disappearing. so when you see one of these companies push for basic minimum welfare for all, it's b/c they know what they've done, and don't want to loose any of their current power.
There is never just one reason to cause something as big as the shrinking middle class. What you mention is just one of many. But rest assured there is nothing accidental about what is going on.

x-ray peat

look into the use of sewage sludge as fertilizer too. Our water and air is cleaner but it is all being dumped on our food.

managing

If this was the only study with such findings, considering it focused on Norway, I would agree completely. Not only Norway, but Sweden, Finland and Denmark all have issues with assimilating immigrants. The recent movie "Girl with Dragon Tatoo" (set in Sweden) has several scenes where it shows rather directly the open contempt local Scandinavians feel against immigrants, and even Jews. The main villain in the movie gets his pickle tickled by killing "immigrant wh*res", as he himself said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/14/opinion/sweden-antisemitism-jews.html
https://www.politico.eu/article/swe...ty-undoing-peaceful-self-image-law-and-order/

However, the decline in intelligence is a worldwide phenomenon, spanning a much longer period, and immigration alone probably cannot account for the entire effect.
Why are IQ's Dropping On A WorldWide basis | HuffPost
"...Dr Nijenhuis studied the results of 14 intelligence studies conducted between 1884 and 2004 to come to his conclusion. Each study measured peoples’ reaction times – how long they took to press a button after being prompted. It is claimed that reaction time mirrors mental processing speed – so it reflects intelligence. They found that visual reaction times averaged 194 milliseconds in the late 19th Century, but in 2004, they had increased to 275 milliseconds. This would suggest that people have become less intelligent, they said."
This is a terribly conceived argument though.

Reaction times clearly are much more related to the nature of one's interaction with the world and not intelligence. Its easy to see how thought and reflection have become the preferred mode vs reaction. To equate response time to intelligence is laughable.

managing

In response to the idea that immigrants are causing the decline in average intelligence, Dr. Peat has said IQ tests measure cultural assimilation and not actual intelligence. If anything, I've noticed people in rural areas or in developing countries are calmer and are much faster thinkers than people in developed countries who on the whole seem to be either sluggish, apathetic, and dull or jittery and hyperactive.
Precisely.

Andman

This is a terribly conceived argument though.

Reaction times clearly are much more related to the nature of one's interaction with the world and not intelligence. Its easy to see how thought and reflection have become the preferred mode vs reaction. To equate response time to intelligence is laughable.

Intelligence and metabolism

The devices used to measure reaction time in drivers' education courses also give a good indication of a person's intelligence