Ionic calcium

Snarf

I dont eat dairy so Im not getting nearly enough calcium in my diet, just wondered what your thoughts are on ionic calcium? Its meant to be absorbed a lot better than other forms of the supplement.

youngsinatra

I could be a potential source and I was thinking about this as well for quite some time. You would probably need around 9-12ml per day to get the desired 1500 to 2000mg of calcium as Ray recommends. So I don't know if this is financially sustainable.

I would love to know if it is possible to make calcium bicarbonate like magnesium bicarbonate (Mag Water)

golder

Following with great interest given that my body is frustratingly unable to digest dairy in this hypometabolic state. Hope we can find a good solution :)

OP
S

Snarf

youngsinatra

Just found this, which works out a fair bit cheaper.
is calcium chloride actually a reasonable form though? I know Ray always seemed to recommend the carbonates rather than chlorides?

Amazon product ASIN B005P7WKVKView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005P7WKVK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2DXJKH6V3ZM0YQ01MPEH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Definitely worth trying. I cannot tolerate dairy myself and it never agreed with me.

I luckily have access to high ionic calcium mineral water in germany supplying 600mg Ca+ per liter.

youngsinatra

I actually found and ordered this earlier today, hopefully the chloride wont be an issue.
Keep us updated!

Keeping the calcium:phosphate ratio straight improved my overall health a lot and I underestimated the power of this for too long, before I started actually applying it to my diet.

youngsinatra

And I just wanted to add to this, that adding things that directly lower phosphate can also be very therapeutic, when one is not able to push calcium that high.

Moderately high doses of niacinamide and fructose help to lower phosphate.

Increasing vitamin D3, K2 also helps to increase the intestinal absorption of the calcium.

OP
S

Snarf

I luckily have access to high ionic calcium mineral water in germany supplying 600mg Ca+ per liter.
I would love to have access to that, I drink a lot of water daily so would easily hit my calcium target.
And I just wanted to add to this, that adding things that directly lower phosphate can also be very therapeutic, when one is not able to push calcium that high.

Moderately high doses of niacinamide and fructose help to lower phosphate.

Increasing vitamin D3, K2 also helps to increase the intestinal absorption of the calcium.
I take 5000iu of d3 daily but i dont take any k2, I’ll look into it. Thanks for the advice, I’ll keep you updated on how the ionic calcium goes.

OP
S

Snarf

Well it turned up today so about to take my first dose, just wondering if anybody knows if ionic calcium chloride is best taken on an empty stomach or with food?

youngsinatra

Well it turned up today so about to take my first dose, just wondering if anybody knows if ionic calcium chloride is best taken on an empty stomach or with food?
Probably okay with food, especially if the meal is phosphate—rich.

Motif

Keep us updated!

Keeping the calcium:phosphate ratio straight improved my overall health a lot and I underestimated the power of this for too long, before I started actually applying it to my diet.
What changes did you feel from it and how long til you felt them ?

youngsinatra

What changes did you feel from it and how long til you felt them ?
Much better blood flow, better blood pressure, stronger erections, warm hands and feet, quieting inner chatter, calming, improving sleep, stabilization of mood.

Motif

Much better blood flow, better blood pressure, stronger erections, warm hands and feet, quieting inner chatter, calming, improving sleep, stabilization of mood.

how quick did you see results from it ?

OP
S

Snarf

Ive had all these same benefits since starting to take this supplement.

OP
S

Snarf

I must add that I havent paid any attention to the calcium, phosphate ratio so far, my benefits have been from upping my calcium intake, as it was really lacking before. Im taking double the amount that the bottle says to take.

golder

Nice. How are you spacing the doses throughout the day? Are you avoiding phosphate/muscle meats?

OP
S

Snarf

Nice. How are you spacing the doses throughout the day? Are you avoiding phosphate/muscle meats?

I take a dose in the morning with breakfast and then again with a meal in the afternoon. I dont really know anything about phosphate tbh, I dont really avoid any meats, I eat lots of beef and chicken, bacon quite regularly as well.

Peater

I dont eat dairy so Im not getting nearly enough calcium in my diet, just wondered what your thoughts are on ionic calcium? Its meant to be absorbed a lot better than other forms of the supplement.

Thanks for this post and your informative updates. I am cutting out dairy myself and this looks great.

OP
S

Snarf

Thanks for this post and your informative updates. I am cutting out dairy myself and this looks great.

No problem, I must say though, that I’ve been taking eggshell calcium for the last 18 months. The ionic stuff works out to be very expensive if you want to get the majority of daily calcium from a supplement.

I eat a lot of eggs so I figured that it was kind of stupid to pay out all that money on a supplement when I was throwing away pefectly good calcium everyday in the form of eggshells.

Its a bit of a pain having to save the shells and making the powder every couple of months but its definitely worth it. I get all the same benefits from the eggshell calcium that I was from the ionic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals