Iodized and fluoridated salt

John Eels

I asked a friend if he knew a store where you'd get plain salt without added iodine and fluoride. His response was: "Those additives to salt are health promoting." He went on to say that in the past people died b/c they didn't get enough iodine and fluoride.

Where does this story come from that iodine and fluoride are beneficial additives to salt? And why are they not good for you?

gabriel79

Well, I read an study where in an isolated place in my country, where the soil isn't too rich; there was a high incidence of goiter during mid 20th century. Introduction of iodized salt seems to have mostly solved the issue. On fluorination I haven't read anything since it's not a common practice where I live to fluorinate salt or water.

Iodide is necessary for thyroid function whereas fluoride is glorified industrial waste.

OP
J

John Eels

Attachments

• tdf_smoking.jpg
    tdf_smoking.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 44

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Because the pickling salt does not have any iron in it.

IIRC, it is refined so its only the salt left in there, no other minerals at all.

jyb

Charlie said:
Because the pickling salt does not have any iron in it.

IIRC, it is refined so its only the salt left in there, no other minerals at all.

Hum, I would imagine the iron amount in those salts are small amounts, compared to say eating liver (even taking into account the % not absorbed due to coffee and milk)? The problem though, is that it does contain additive with scary names (ferrocyanide being a favorite here in the UK).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hmmmm, cyanide sounds yummy!

I would have thought that Peat would have known about that though.

nwo2012

Fluoride is an essental nutirent and good for your bones and teeth.
It is also very useful for lowering your IQ and it has been shown that people with lower IQs tend to live longer.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:holysheep :baaaaaaa

OP
J

John Eels

So I found plain salt with almost nothing in it but only anti caking substance. Is this mysterious little substance a reason to ditch the particular salt?

kettlebell

John Eels said:
So I found plain salt with almost nothing in it but only anti caking substance. Is this mysterious little substance a reason to ditch the particular salt?

Depending on the detail it gives you can see what the anti caking agent is. On the Wiki site it lists the E numbers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anticaking_agent

Looking at that list, yes, you will probably want to ditch it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals