Iodine skin test

Hirri

I suspect that I might have iodine insufficiency due to some breast diseases. Since iodine blood test is very expensive where I live I read that it's possible to do a self skin test - putting some iodine on arm or thigh and see how fast it disappears. If it disappears in less than 24 hrs, it means there is insufficiency. I tried with 5% iodine and it did disappear in 12 hours. But now I wondering if I can trust it. Any thoughts? Or should I spare some money and do the blood test?

I supplement a liquid nascent iodine from keeps, nascent liquid iodine is the most effective form of iodine. It is an atomic form of iodine with an incomplete number of electrons, giving it gigh electromagnetic charge, the body can easily absorb and use iodine for metabolic and detoxification process... Not sure if it raised too much of the iodine in my body (since Peat says iodine from salt is enough), but I'm sure it did.

AlaskaJono

My research and experience had informed me that the skin test for Iodine is not very accurate. As in it is irrelevant. I have taken 12-50 mg daily dosages for months, then not for years, and then recently I felt to do it again for 4 weeks as I had a bad tooth infection. I also put iodine on my skin. Stains no matter what for days.
Do you eat seafood 2x week? Seaweed? Sea salt? Those can raise your mineral levels as well. If you really think your level is low then sure go get it tested to get peace of mind.

OP
Hirri

Hirri

I supplement a liquid nascent iodine from keeps, nascent liquid iodine is the most effective form of iodine. It is an atomic form of iodine with an incomplete number of electrons, giving it gigh electromagnetic charge, the body can easily absorb and use iodine for metabolic and detoxification process... Not sure if it raised too much of the iodine in my body (since Peat says iodine from salt is enough), but I'm sure it did.
You should try the skin test and see how long it would stay on you, that would be interesting :)

OP
Hirri

Hirri

My research and experience had informed me that the skin test for Iodine is not very accurate. As in it is irrelevant. I have taken 12-50 mg daily dosages for months, then not for years, and then recently I felt to do it again for 4 weeks as I had a bad tooth infection. I also put iodine on my skin. Stains no matter what for days.
Do you eat seafood 2x week? Seaweed? Sea salt? Those can raise your mineral levels as well. If you really think your level is low then sure go get it tested to get peace of mind.
I started eating more seafood now, yes. and salt. I guess I will have to do a normal test.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals