Iodine (low Dose) Is Making Me Lethargic

Dr. B

I've noticed (now and in the past) when I take an iodine supplement of the lowest dose (150 mcg) it makes me sluggish and lethargic along with a hoarse voice. I take it because I get little iodine through diet. Apparantly in my country there is little of it in the ground and it's believed many people are deficient.

I've read here that iodine could make you hypothyroid but the way I understand it only with high doses. Ray Peat apparantly has stated 150mcg is safe and it's just 100% of the rdi.

I'm also taking 200mg selenomethionine and other high quality vitamin/mineral supplements but it's clearly the iodine that's causing this effect.

Why is this happening and how long should I give it a change?
whats been your experience so far on iodine usage, whats your dosage amount and frequency? also Ray advises getting the rda from food and supplements combined. if youre eating seafood, eggs, dairy, an you add in iodine its likely too much. he has said even twice the rda for an extended amount of time is not good. with food sources youre also likely getting it in balance with other nutrients... like i think thyroid glandular has a lot of iodine, selenium and probably other balancing factors.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals