Iodine Blocks Estrogen

whit

:clap:Great reserch Spondive,
Iodine is stored in breast tissue is how I've understood it. Peat says too much iodine can suppress thyroid.
Levels are crucial.

However, the precise molecular mechanisms responsible for this interaction remain unknown. We hypothesize that iodine effects breast physiology though an interaction with the estrogen pathway.

whit

Theres a great amount of interplay here. It seems more needs to be in place for the best outcome.

Our data shows that treatment with iodine and iodide increases the mRNA levels of Cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) and 1B1 (CYP1B1), two estrogen phase I estrogen metabolizing enzymes that oxidizes 17β-estradiol to 2-hydoxyestradiol (2-OH-E2) and 4-hydoxyestradiol (4-OH-E2), respectively. These catechol estrogens can be likefurther oxidized to quinones. 3,4-estradiol quinine, a metabolite of 4-OH-E2, has been shown to react with DNA forming de-purinating adducts resulting in genotoxicity 42, while data suggests that 2-OH-E2 can be metabolized to 2-methoxyestradiol, an estrogen metabolite with anti-proliferative effects 43. The observed increase in the CYP1A1/CYP1B1 ratio may shift the direction of estrogen metabolism favoring 2-OH-E2 which may either directly affect proliferation through increasing 2-methoxyestradiol, decreasing 3, 4-estradiol quinone or indirectly via the inactivation of E2

lindsay

Bump. I think this should get more input. I was taking nascent iodine for a few months (about 6 drops per day). I had a huge increase in energy and noticed lower symptoms of estrogen dominance. Also, I didn't get sick all winter. I'm thinking about starting it again for a short time period. The key is getting adequate selenium while taking the iodine to protect against the negative effects of it.

Waynish

Yes, I think it would be useful to have more experienced testers (or ones getting frequent blood tests) in order to test various iodine supplementation methods.

ddjd

It definitely is anti Estrogenic. I've got several personal markers for high Estrogen. When my eyes are very inflamed and red I know I have high Estrogen, and when I get weak bladder problems and I'm constantly urinating, I know that's high Estrogen.

I've tested this with multiple estrogen antagonists- progesterone, Androsterone, 5adhp - they all work to stop those symptoms above. And recently I've confirmed lugols iodine has the exact same effect. Its a fantastic estrogen antagonist

AncestralJoy

I
It definitely is anti Estrogenic. I've got several personal markers for high Estrogen. When my eyes are very inflamed and red I know I have high Estrogen, and when I get weak bladder problems and I'm constantly urinating, I know that's high Estrogen.

I've tested this with multiple estrogen antagonists- progesterone, Androsterone, 5adhp - they all work to stop those symptoms above. And recently I've confirmed lugols iodine has the exact same effect. Its a fantastic estrogen antagonist
Interesting! How much lugols do you take to feel effect?

Waynish

Ya these one sized fits all theories where specific molecules are good and specific ones are bad needs an overhaul - especially because there are no pictures of these molecules yet. I think in this stage it would be more honest for "scientists" to describe the chemistry and effects rather than persisting with the language of the receptor theory and atomist world view.

Inaut

Funny... I’ve recently been using 5% lugols topically.

I’ve always liked iodine but I believe less is more (like most things in life).

Iodine cheerleader here . I like 3 drops a day AND my multivitamin that has it with co-factors. I have C/D cup girls and I can tell where my estrogen is by trying to keep them on the C side of things. Additionally, I can tell by the sharpness of my chin underneath ---> constantly monitoring and warding off any sign of a sag or double chin ... the horror !

AncestralJoy

Iodine cheerleader here . I like 3 drops a day AND my multivitamin that has it with co-factors. I have C/D cup girls and I can tell where my estrogen is by trying to keep them on the C side of things. Additionally, I can tell by the sharpness of my chin underneath ---> constantly monitoring and warding off any sign of a sag or double chin ... the horror !
Chin and boobs haha I have these since my two years carnivore and then peating. I used to have C/D cup and then I ballooned on carb reintroduction. Who knows what size my boobs are now but it ain't a D and my chin is as described above.. I've been fascinated by your posts re iodine. I have Lugols 2% and have played around with a few drops a day and like how I feel. My boobs seem a tad smaller too which is promising. Do you use selenium when ever you take iodine?

Chin and boobs haha I have these since my two years carnivore and then peating. I used to have C/D cup and then I ballooned on carb reintroduction. Who knows what size my boobs are now but it ain't a D and my chin is as described above.. I've been fascinated by your posts re iodine. I have Lugols 2% and have played around with a few drops a day and like how I feel. My boobs seem a tad smaller too which is promising. Do you use selenium when ever you take iodine?
I eat lots of carbs and they don't effect my boobs but I don't eat gluten or much yeast which might effect them. I take Nacent iodine and a multi vitamin with has iodine in it with the co factors of selenium, c , b , riboflavin. I grew up in Palos Verdes and Hermosa Beach by the water and now I spend a lot of time not near the water so I make sure I keep on my iodine. My mother took a lot of estrogen in fertility treatments to get pregnant with my twin and I . Later , I found out that my twin is a month younger than me , so I think that I sucked up all of that extra estrogen as I was a little chipmunk cheeked kid and my twin was a skinny supermodel as kids from the jump. ( hahah ) I do take iodine breaks. I check my boobs, my chin ( sharpness ) and neck ( is it puffy at all ? ) and gauge my iodine /thyroid from that and temp and heart rate. I do not take huge ammts of it but I am not afraid of it. I am 5 ft 8 and have a large-boned frame , and try to keep my body fat down allllllll the time :)