IODIDE - not - IODINE cure for many diseases? (With Ray qoutes)

OP
UG Krishnamurti
would regular policosanols still have those benefits youre mentioning?
According to the doctor - no, not quite.
how long did you use vitamin D and K2/E for and what dosages?
D3 for 10 days. 5 days orally than made a break for a week and then topically. Orally 30 000IU. Topically 100 000IU.
Then, after more than a month I've used K2 (45mg) and Health Natura VIT E gel 1.5g for 2 months. 1 month orally 1 month topically.
what happens from using 10,000 IU D3 daily for several years?
I don't know. Probably depends on a lot of factors. I think I would probably be dead.

Dr. B

According to the doctor - no, not quite.

D3 for 10 days. 5 days orally than made a break for a week and then topically. Orally 30 000IU. Topically 100 000IU.
Then, after more than a month I've used K2 (45mg) and Health Natura VIT E gel 1.5g for 2 months. 1 month orally 1 month topically.

I don't know. Probably depends on a lot of factors. I think I would probably be dead.
do you think D3 has unique benefits that occur from when you megadose it then stop using it?
I don't mean that you megadose it, get side effects, then heal the side effects. but more like, if you megadose it, stop taking it, then the body 'activates' the D3 or begins utilizing it a certain way to where you actually end up better off than before you megadosed it.

wow, what side effects did you get from the D3, and what about from the K2 and E

OP
UG Krishnamurti
do you think D3 has unique benefits that occur from when you megadose it then stop using it?
I don't mean that you megadose it, get side effects, then heal the side effects. but more like, if you megadose it, stop taking it, then the body 'activates' the D3 or begins utilizing it a certain way to where you actually end up better off than before you megadosed it.

wow, what side effects did you get from the D3, and what about from the K2 and E
Let's not spam the topic any further. Everything you need to know I shared here:

Bleeding again, now after D3 supplement - SUPER CONFUSED

VIT K2 MK-4 increased calcification/stiffness?

yerrag

No probs yerrag. love reading everything you post. Btw I know you probably have lot's of work and maybe no time but I've listened and read about something almost too good to be true (But I will probably try it very soon and report results).

It's called Nano Soma or Metadichol , it's nano policosanol.
Haidut posted a study not so long ago.

So basically I've been listening to an interview from this Indian scientist who patented this product and published like 30+ studies on it's benefits. It's been fascinating to me for the simple reason on it's apparent effects on VDR (Vitamin D receptor). I also found interesting the way he explained the reason why VDR is impaired and I am sure it might be of interest to you as well.

He also talked about how ALL of the participants in his study normalized their blood pressure in a matter of 4 months (Or even earlier if I'm not mistaken).
So you can listen only the part where Dr. P.R. Raghavan is speaking which is from 11:36 - 42:39.

It's like I said, too good to be true but he has all the science and all the study he's done to back it up.

Let me know what you think if you feel like :)
Hi UG,

Thanks for sharing about Nano Soma. I watched the video to the hour mark as the remainder was mostly testimonials.

I am impressed about the blood pressure lowering effects as based on the study Ragu mentioned, but it was tempered by a following study which Ragu viewed as positive but I don't. This is the study that showed TSH going up from barely 0 to about 4. This is to me a contraindication as I see that as a lowering of metabolism, based on Ray Peat's ideas. As you may know, I'm keen on this as I had posted recently that when I see my blood pressure going down, it's when I'm not feeling well and when I check my ECG QTc values, they always increase and that is on the direction of becoming hypothyroid. Since Ragu compares the effect of Nano Soma on lowering bp with the pharma drugs, and he shows Nano Soma being able to quickly lower bp while the pharma drugs would take much much longer, I am led to wonder even more if there is this tradeoff of lowering metabolism. It's often the case that the effect of lowered metabolism is overlooked, but this has implications that are not immediately felt.

I'm just impressed that the Nano Soma could improve immunity by enabling the Vitamin D receptor by displacing the microbes that disable the VDR, I don't see how my immunity could get any better, as I have been pretty bulletproof the past 20 years, even as my blood pressure kept increasing. It may be reasonable for most to link high blood pressure to poor immunity, but it hasn't been my case though I wouldn't say that high bp is why my immunity is so good. Rather, I would say that I have internal microbial issues that have persisted despite my many efforts to eliminate them, and that the body is adequately protecting me, and part of that protection is by doing things that cause my blood pressure to increase.

But then I could be wrong as Ragu has shown Nano Soma to increase vitamin C levels in the body and maybe the increase in Vitamin C is perhaps just a window into a general increase in the body's antioxidant stores that somehow help in lowering blood pressure. In my case of high blood pressure due to low blood volume, because albumin is being used as an antioxidant and excreted out in urine and thus lowering my serum albumin and causing less salt to be in the plasma and attracting less water; I would appreciate some other antioxidant taking the place of albumin, so that my blood pressure can get lower. So perhaps Nano Soma is enabling the production of this antioxidant by the body.

But I'm kinda leery as the presentation goes about explaining the mechanism of Nano Soma by way of it turning on genes on and off to effect improvements in health. I haven't seen anything that works the way it claims to, on a very broad level at that. It borders on being a magic bullet, and I don't believe in magic bullets at all.

Lastly, I wonder is there's any mention of what it's made of other than policosanol. Is the formula devoid of Vitamin E as I associate policosanols as like a co-factor in making vitamin E effective. There is no mention of Vitamin E and I don't know if this is their way of avoiding getting into the crosshairs of the medical authorities. Calling it Nano Soma and not Vitamin E Soma perhaps skirts the hazard. And ignoring any mention of Vitamin E and just saying it's policosanol lets them get away with it. And naming it Nano Soma gives the impression there is something nano about it.

It's not a coincidence that Vitamin E recycles Vitamin C, and Vitamin C recycles glutathione, and glutathione protects cells from oxidation. So perhaps, policosanol in their formulation further potentiates the way vitamin E recycles Vitamin C.

But I could be wrong in all these and the best way to find is to try the product. I'm not keen on trying it though, as of now. As you know, I can't be distracted off my present tinkering.

When are you going to try it?

OP
UG Krishnamurti
This is the study that showed TSH going up from barely 0 to about 4. This is to me a contraindication as I see that as a lowering of metabolism
TSH usually goes down but it can increase in a short while because it seems that nano soma acts as an inverse agonist in the body. Increasing and lowering something based on the adaption process or what is needed. That's why it can lower VDR for example or increase it.

STUDY:

tsh.png
tsh2.png

tsh 3.png

Lastly, I wonder is there's any mention of what it's made of other than policosanol. Is the formula devoid of Vitamin E as I associate policosanols as like a co-factor in making vitamin E effective. There is no mention of Vitamin E and I don't know if this is their way of avoiding getting into the crosshairs of the medical authorities. Calling it Nano Soma and not Vitamin E Soma perhaps skirts the hazard.
In one of his presentation he shared the structure and contents of nano soma and he didn't mention anything about VIT E.
The reason I think he didn't add it is because he had some creams with nano soma + VIT E, where VIT E is specifically mentioned on the ingredient list.
When are you going to try it?
As soon as I can hopefully. The ordering can be pain in the as* because they ship to Serbia but with big shipping cost so I will see if I can find some friend from Germany or Switzerland to get it and ship it to me by bus or something.

Hopefully it will take me shorter than a month :)

Jam

Lately, I'm finding that mixing Lugol's with SSKI 1:1 provides the best anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial effects, better than SSKI or Lugol's alone. Also, there is just enough elemental iodine in a few drops of solution to provide I2-specific benefits without being caustic to mucosa.

Makrosky

Lately, I'm finding that mixing Lugol's with SSKI 1:1 provides the best anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial effects, better than SSKI or Lugol's alone. Also, there is just enough elemental iodine in a few drops of solution to provide I2-specific benefits without being caustic to mucosa.
Yes I like to create a mixture of lugols+sski where there is more KI than I2. Combination works better than alone. Not a 1:1 ratio though.

Makrosky

Also, I find these days way much better to dose 1 or 2 x week rather than daily. But I don't use it to combat any specific illness just for general well being.

It is incredible how I know it and I still fall on the same trap ignoring that 99% of the times LESS IS MORE.

I have some sort of impatient/compulsive behaviour.

Makrosky

Has anyone tried iodine + pregnenolone? Seems quite powerful. Need to try with lower doses cause it is crazy.

Dr. B

Has anyone tried iodine + pregnenolone? Seems quite powerful. Need to try with lower doses cause it is crazy.
i have tried both separately had very bad effects from 3mg potassium iodide and 50mg pregnenolone. I was using them alongside 5000- 10000 IU D3 which maybe contributed to the bad effects? i got severe thyroid inflammation from those things, pregnenolone more so than iodine. I also put on 12 pounds in 10 days from that pregnenolone dosage. used pure encapsulations brand

yerrag

TSH usually goes down but it can increase in a short while because it seems that nano soma acts as an inverse agonist in the body. Increasing and lowering something based on the adaption process or what is needed. That's why it can lower VDR for example or increase it.

STUDY:

tsh.png
tsh2.png

tsh 3.png

I'm not impressed with the study.

It's based on the faulty premise that makes a false correlation between TSH and thyroid status. It is far from Ray Peat's embrace of the ideas of Broda Barnes as well as his own ideas. The study bases success on TSH going up when a patient is hyperthyroid, and TSH going down when a patient is hypothyroid. A patient deemed hypothyroid (of which I don't the basis of) that has a TSH near zero would be deemed to have improved merely because TSH went up after a few weeks (how many I forget but that's not crucial), while there is no mention of using other measures of determining thyroid status such as basal temperature, the QTc of ECG, or the Achilles tendon reflex test. Same criticism goes for a hypothyroid patient whose TSH goes down after taking the Metadichol and that is already a success for Ragu. But TSH alone should not be the endpoint basis.

Since Ragu is selling to the conventional medical wisdom crowd, he would hew to conventional wisdom and base success on that the false ideology of thyroid status determination. The people who buy his products would then say they are cured when they check their TSH levels (with or without doctor assistance), but that doesn't help them get better because they have a false negative determination on their hypothyroid state (or hyperthyroid state).

I personally think Ragu likes to ride on the wave of "natural", feigns being anti-pharma, while he adopts the false ideology of pharma to sell his goods.

I'm now even more leery of trying his product. Sorry to say.

As soon as I can hopefully. The ordering can be pain in the as* because they ship to Serbia but with big shipping cost so I will see if I can find some friend from Germany or Switzerland to get it and ship it to me by bus or something.

Hopefully it will take me shorter than a month :)

I hope it works for you. You never know until you try it.

Edit: My friend Brad from Uttar Pradesh would say that Ragu is a sneaky fellow from Gujarat lol!

Last edited:

yerrag

How would the end mixture be like mixing Lugol's and SSKI on a 1:1 basis? I'm assuming we're talking 2% Lugol's (as it's the only one legal and available generally). I can try to compute that but if you have that number offhand, that would save me the trouble. I could also get it wrong being a klutz with numbers lol. But I get the general idea and the rest of it is for me to tinker around.

yerrag

Also, I find these days way much better to dose 1 or 2 x week rather than daily. But I don't use it to combat any specific illness just for general well being.

It is incredible how I know it and I still fall on the same trap ignoring that 99% of the times LESS IS MORE.

I have some sort of impatient/compulsive behaviour.
I can see what you're saying.

I took 3 x 150mg SSKI in one day and the next 3 days I seem to observe the residual effect hanging on. I have got to learn to cycle as I haven't done that and it's not intuitive at all.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
I'm now even more leery of trying his product. Sorry to say.
Yeah that's completely ok. I never really intended to coarse anyone anyway, but I'm more than sure you know that - just stating the obvious :)
Btw I really don't care that Ragu sees some things differently from Ray. Peat would actually argue to the fact that there is such thing as an Vitamin D receptor anyway . I think Ray is wrong on few things and wrong on many things in my direct experience. His most core advices (thyroid, progesterone, supplemental D, aspirin, glycine) had been pretty bad for me and I would've been much healthier if I didn't used them. What I'm sure about Ray is that there is something else which he is not discussing - otherwise I would be healthier by now, almost 3 years of being diligent in applying his core approach to things :) I mean here we all are in Iodide/Iodine group talking about supplementing it - when he is totally against it. :)

Just to wrap up the metadichol story. The more interesting thing to me are the results of all the studies they've done, rather than what he thinks. And the results are (as far as I looked at the studies) mostly aligned with Ray's opinions.
Metadichol increases Klotho. Modulates VDR (improves D utilization), lowers TSH, acts on all nuclear receptors, increases LDL (or increase the size of it), modifies cholesterol,, increases VIT C, ACE2 inhibitor, works against covid/reduces spike proteins, decreases insulin resistance etc...

As far as I'm concerned this could all be bogus and bulls*it but I will definitely try it and share the story as it is. :)
The studies and shared results are the only thing providing some hope, otherwise I would be long gone :)

Much love to you jerrag

yerrag

Yeah that's completely ok. I never really intended to coarse anyone anyway, but I'm more than sure you know that - just stating the obvious :)
Btw I really don't care that Ragu sees some things differently from Ray. Peat would actually argue to the fact that there is such thing as an Vitamin D receptor anyway . I think Ray is wrong on few things and wrong on many things in my direct experience. His most core advices (thyroid, progesterone, supplemental D, aspirin, glycine) had been pretty bad for me and I would've been much healthier if I didn't used them. What I'm sure about Ray is that there is something else which he is not discussing - otherwise I would be healthier by now, almost 3 years of being diligent in applying his core approach to things :) I mean here we all are in Iodide/Iodine group talking about supplementing it - when he is totally against it. :)

Just to wrap up the metadichol story. The more interesting thing to me are the results of all the studies they've done, rather than what he thinks. And the results are (as far as I looked at the studies) mostly aligned with Ray's opinions.
Metadichol increases Klotho. Modulates VDR (improves D utilization), lowers TSH, acts on all nuclear receptors, increases LDL (or increase the size of it), modifies cholesterol,, increases VIT C, ACE2 inhibitor, works against covid/reduces spike proteins, decreases insulin resistance etc...

As far as I'm concerned this could all be bogus and bulls*it but I will definitely try it and share the story as it is. :)
The studies and shared results are the only thing providing some hope, otherwise I would be long gone :)

Much love to you jerrag

Thanks for sharing with me your thoughts. I can understand your disappointment as your health has not taken a good turn thus far. Ray may share some of that, but it's a lesson that we pick up sooner or later that no one has all the answers.

The field of science is littered with mines. But mines that don't explode but latch into our minds. So Ray isn't immune to that. Neither are we.

Eventually we become experienced hands and we come to gingerly tread the murky waters. Those who never learn from their mistakes stay on one of many errant paths or move to the wrong fork each and every time.

You're not going to be like my eldest sister though. I know you now as much as I know her. She can't be helped unfortunately. It's a problem with people steeped too much into the world of belief.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
@yerrag
Thanks yerrag for sharing that.
Ray has helped me in trying to articulate my problems and therefore potentially find the solutions to them by doing my own research. He also changed the way I look at health and forced me to experiment. If I wasn't I would've been stuck in my own ways and like you've said so poetically and truthfully "Those who never learn from their mistakes stay on one of many errant paths or move to the wrong fork each and every time." It's more riskier but potentially, hopefully, more rewarding.

Sorry to hear about your sister I hope she gets well! Suffering or frustration can also be an unwanted teacher.

Dr. B

@yerrag
Thanks yerrag for sharing that.
Ray has helped me in trying to articulate my problems and therefore potentially find the solutions to them by doing my own research. He also changed the way I look at health and forced me to experiment. If I wasn't I would've been stuck in my own ways and like you've said so poetically and truthfully "Those who never learn from their mistakes stay on one of many errant paths or move to the wrong fork each and every time." It's more riskier but potentially, hopefully, more rewarding.

Sorry to hear about your sister I hope she gets well! Suffering or frustration can also be an unwanted teacher.

does policosanol itself do those things too i heard it increased klotho. does oral vitamin D mess with vitamin D utilization

OP
UG Krishnamurti

does policosanol itself do those things too i heard it increased klotho. does oral vitamin D mess with vitamin D utilization
According to Ragu no, but he did stated that food policosanols like water from some kind of rice and jaggery are prized as a miracle food in Indian culture. Also jaggery is almost worshiped in some temples and cultures just because of the high policosanol content he assumes. He stated that it is the same policosanol as in his supplement but the trick seems to be that body cannot utilize it properly because it's a wax unlike the nano particle of it, which can modify and influence things around it. He also stated that he could never made this product anywhere else but in Switzerland and that he tried but it didn't work. He said that the trick seems to be the water. Everywhere else water is fluoridated and filled with some other cr*p and the process of removing it from the water does something to the structure of the water and it slightly modifies the nano particle of nano soma and it becomes something else.

He repeated several times that the metadichol doesn't heal anything but the trick is in it's modifying capabilities on all nuclear receptors, genomes etc.
There was some doctor in his conference - who is register tuberculosis specialist - but lives near the oncology clinic where he knows a few doctors and long story short patient cured lung cancer by supplementing nano soma and rejecting radiation and all the procedures. He came to see and look at MRI of the lungs and listened to the story and the doctors and he was fascinated by what he saw. I mean he shared the images and hospital signature and everything which also made it more believable for the sceptics like myself. They shared tones of fascinating success stories.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals