Involuntary Movements, Paralysis & Diharrea

Bluemachine

since i became ill i have these occasional episodes where i dream that i am trying to wake up but my body's barely responding. this seems to repeat multiple times until i finaly actualy wake up (into real life, not dreaming) and my body almost feels as unresponsive. all my muscles ache and feel tight, i have small involuntary movements. within the first couple of weeks of getting ill i had the worst episode of this.. really bad nightmare where i felt almost paralysed, finaly woke but still felt very numb and sluggish, the involuntary movements were more like brief convultions and then i ran to the toilet and after a bout of diarrhea there was immense relief.

Korven

Well I don't know about the diarrhea part, but otherwise it sounds like 'sleep paralysis' where you're stuck somewhere in between sleeping and awake and your body is unresponsive. It's often very unpleasant and for me it feels like I'm floating around in a black void for hours before I finally actually wake up.

I find that these increase in frequency when I'm under lots of emotional stress, overall poor health or when I've been drinking heavily.