Invert Sugar?

cyclops

I was looking for a drink that uses "cane sugar", and found one that uses "invert sugar" instead. It taste pretty good.

I had never heard of invert sugar before, but it is defined as: a mixture of glucose and fructose obtained by the hydrolysis of sucrose.

Is this pretty much the same as sugar then? One can use in place of sugar without concern?

OP
cyclops

cyclops

What do you think is the purpose of using invert sugar over cane sugar? Do you think it saves the company money somehow?

Also, I wonder if the ratio of glucose and fructose is exactly the same as sucrose.

SOMO

D-Glucose and L-Glucose work differently in the body and occur in nature at very different rates:
The D-isomer, D-glucose, also known as dextrose, occurs widely in nature, but the L-isomer, L-glucose, does not.
Glucose - Wikipedia

Invert Sugar may simply be L-Sucrose.

Try STEVIA instead, it's extremely safe and low-calorie.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Invert Sugar may simply be L-Sucrose.

Try STEVIA instead, it's extremely safe and low-calorie.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm looking for something with higher calories. I was looking for a cheap, tasty, high sugar drink.

What makes you think it could be L-Sucrose?

cdg

I was looking for a drink that uses "cane sugar", and found one that uses "invert sugar" instead. It taste pretty good.

I had never heard of invert sugar before, but it is defined as: a mixture of glucose and fructose obtained by the hydrolysis of sucrose.

Is this pretty much the same as sugar then? One can use in place of sugar without concern?

It is supposed to be sweeter but many invert sugars use tartaric acid and/or citric acid (not peat friendly)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals