Inulin/FODMAPS For Secondary-infection After Covid19?

SOMO

RecruitMe Clinical Trial | RecruitMe
I found this clinical trial happening at a hospital in my city that has had a few Covid19 cases.
A prerequisite of many of these clinical trials is a positive Covid19 test at this hospital.

Bacterial infections often follow viral illnesses. This research tests whether inulin, a fiber supplement made from chicory root, encourages the growth of good bacteria to prevent infections following COVID-19. This study is being done to test inulin as an investigational new drug (not FDA approved) to prevent bacterial infections after COVID-19. We do not believe that inulin directly treats COVID-19. Instead, the hope is that inulin will prevent a secondary infection, which is often the cause of death in patients with COVID-19. Patients are randomized so that 2 out of 3 patients get the drug but no one knows who will get the drug and who will not.

Apparently they are using Fructans/Inulin which is a type of fiber found in Jerusalem Artichokes and onions.

I didn't realize secondary infectionst post-Covid19 was an issue, but I wonder if these infections are hospital-acquired.

In either case, if it does work it will be through Competitive-Inhibition of pathogenic species of bacteria, not because the Inulin has any protective effect itself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals