Intrusive thoughts/Pure O-OCD

ursidae

What’s the cause of this?

Years ago I had it agonisingly bad for a couple of months, most days were a torture. Then it slowly disappeared and would go away completely for months at a time. And then it would come back again for a couple of weeks. It’s miles better nowadays, lasts a couple of hours the rare times it happens and I don’t feel too disturbed/helpless as I know it’s all about physical health and can be fixed through supplements/diet. But I can’t seem to pinpoint what’s causing it when it flares up?

YourUniverse

Ray says hypothyroidism. The flareups might be surges of lipid peroxidation. Sources of sugar with antioxidants (like orange juice) can help with that, as can keeping blood sugar from dipping too low and causing adrenaline release.

boris

For me too much fermentable fibers (greens, peppers). I had a terrible bout including depression recently from a new cheese that I tried that uses some weird cultures (stinky cheese). I stopped eating the cheese (any cheese for that matter) and instead drank more milk, everything went back to normal after 2 days.

OP
U

ursidae

For me too much fermentable fibers (greens, peppers). I had a terrible bout including depression recently from a new cheese that I tried that uses some weird cultures (stinky cheese). I stopped eating the cheese (any cheese for that matter) and instead drank more milk, everything went back to normal after 2 days.
Crazy. Just had to exclude a food. And some people live in that hell for decades

Jennifer

Same here. Too much fermentable fiber, most cultured foods, especially ones made with microbial enzymes, vinegar, unripe/acidic fruit, some honeys, powdered gelatin and anything else that bothers my gut and my face gets red, I break out in large welts/hives, and depression and OCD tendencies set in. It takes about 2 days after cutting out an offending food for things to fully resolve.

miquelangeles

Same here. Too much fermentable fiber, most cultured foods, especially ones made with microbial enzymes, vinegar, unripe/acidic fruit, some honeys, powdered gelatin and anything else that bothers my gut and my face gets red, I break out in large welts/hives, and depression and OCD tendencies set in. It takes about 2 days after cutting out an offending food for things to fully resolve.
Same here, and I would mention sourdough bread in the list of cultured foods. Yeast leavened bread doesn’t cause any issues, it is usually the bacterial fermentations. Sourdough is a mixture of bacteria and yeasts and since it is wild it’s hard to control the different strains. There is a study showing higher inflammation and symptoms in subjects consuming sourdough vs yeast leavened bread.
Most honey is acidic, but rapeseed honey is different and almost never causes any issues.

Jennifer

Same here, and I would mention sourdough bread in the list of cultured foods. Yeast leavened bread doesn’t cause any issues, it is usually the bacterial fermentations. Sourdough is a mixture of bacteria and yeasts and since it is wild it’s hard to control the different strains. There is a study showing higher inflammation and symptoms in subjects consuming sourdough vs yeast leavened bread.
Most honey is acidic, but rapeseed honey is different and almost never causes any issues.

Yes, absolutely! Sourdough, too. Thank you for mentioning rapeseed honey. I’ve never had it before. I had a jar of rapsflower honey saved in my favorites on Amazon, but hadn’t gotten around to buying it. I just ordered it. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals