Introduction :)

tasfarelel

Hi All,

I am glad I found and listened to some interviews of Dr. Ray Pete on YouTube. He made me rethink my supplementation with fish omega-3 (I had already long before excluded all omega-6 sources). I also learned more about the potential roles of estrogen & progesterone - I have a lot more to learn.

Some info about myself - I'm a 40+ male, I'm active as a Ph.D. in Human Genetics with >50 peer-reviewed papers. I find titles not directly important, I mentioned mine and my active involvement just to highlight that I'm used to reading scientific studies and making connections. I read since ~2010 more seriously about anti-aging and have observed throughout the years an increasing amount of misinformation. I think meanwhile that there is an intentional deception going on which is not only driven by financial interests.

I'm also interested in bodybuilding (aiming for competitions), which I'm pursuing since I was ~18 years old. In all this time - I never managed to get in real good shape for competitions. I was always too watery/fat, especially when trying to get heavy. At some point, I started to think that maybe my body is just not made for low body fat. However, when I reached my max at 242 pounds @ 5'10", I decided to give it one more go. Now 5 years later and several periods of low-carb/high-protein dieting with recovery phases in between, I am 190 pounds @ ~12% body fat and looking much "bigger" than with 242 pounds. I have recently started another diet phase aiming for 8% body fat. I attribute the success I had in the last years to lower my body fat to all the information I collected on how to eat/supplement for a healthy and fast metabolism.

I look forward now to skimming through the forum!
Best,
Tasfarelel

akgrrrl

Aye, hello Tasfarelel, come on in...
Skimming? Hah. Impossible on this forum unless you are limiting yourself to the recent members and recent posts. I lurked for 3 years just to absorb Dr. Peats articles and videos. The real cream is from the early years of this forum. The members are wonderful, and our Admin Charlie is skilled and committed to this community.
Welcome.

yerrag

Welcome!

Glad to have a PhD here among us, especially one who thinks there is a lot of misinformation in the fields of science and says so. This. I wouldn't hate to say, is the consensus here, even though there is irony in that the consensus here is that we don't believe in the consensus (of 97% of climate scientists) that climate change is largely due to man-made activities.

I think meanwhile that there is an intentional deception going on which is not only driven by financial interests.

What are the other drivers of intentional deception?

He made me rethink my supplementation with fish omega-3 (I had already long before excluded all omega-6 sources).
I'm on board with Ray's ideas, although there are many studies that purport to show that omega3 is anti-inflammatory and that omega3 intake reduces the products of lipid peroxidation, such as malionaldehyde. But I don't have the time to go through each of these studies to prove the deception involved.

Since being in this forum, I've poured through a few studies but it's very time-consuming, as I couldn't take the conclusions at face value. I would find studies where the substance used is not well-specified (e.g. vitamin E instead of dl-alpha tocopheryl succinate or alpha-tocopherol, or mixed tocopherols, or tocotrienols) or where the quantity used in the study is abnormally high in order to obtain a negative outcome (to be a scientific hit piece that gets funded easily), or where the methodology favors an outcome decidedly favoring a harmful substance favored by the establishment (e.g. estrogen).

I don't want to spend all my time debunking studies and for me it's like a black hole that sucks away all my time. I end up using an alternate method: whatever the medical experts recommend, I shun. This seems to be a better rule of thumb to follow. The more I do if, I find my health getting better, or staying the same, but not getting worse. Being a rule of thumb, it is not perfect. But still, I have better odds than the rule of thumb followed by most people - going to a doctor "expert."

Anyway, that really isn't science I'm talking about anymore. It's a philosophy in more ways than one.

Again, welcome!

Last edited:
OP
tasfarelel

tasfarelel

Many thanks for the welcome!

What are the other drivers of intentional deception?
The "drivers" are somewhere close to things like The World Economic Forum = ideas of increasing our level of slavery, Bill Gates & co. = everybody who ever used the word depopulation as something that should be sought, and some of the ultra-rich & those that are above all and not in any list = who are not doing what they do just to get even wealthier. Think about all the misinformation spread by the mainstream in first.) history, 2nd.) physics. Think about possible reasons. The misinformation spread in health science is in my eyes still important, but less than the other two.

Skimming?
I read very fast :) Of course I meant really reading, checking the facts myself, and applying what I like. I've see already tons of good information from many members!

Although I need to warn you that Ray Peat distances himself from this forum
And good to know - even if I am not searching only for his thoughts - many curious people influenced by him are even better. I've seen one longer video interview with him where is is talking about his life (not so much about a healthy lifestyle) and I liked that he was / is always trying to teach other how to think critically.

yerrag

The "drivers" are somewhere close to things like The World Economic Forum = ideas of increasing our level of slavery, Bill Gates & co. = everybody who ever used the word depopulation as something that should be sought, and some of the ultra-rich & those that are above all and not in any list = who are not doing what they do just to get even wealthier. Think about all the misinformation spread by the mainstream in first.) history, 2nd.) physics. Think about possible reasons. The misinformation spread in health science is in my eyes still important, but less than the other two.
Got it.

It certainly has a lot more to do with control than with just financial aspects of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals