Introduction Plus Progest E question

Rosealind

Morning all! - well it's morning here in Australia, at least.

I'm Rosealind, have been on the planet for 64 years. I'm healthy. My first medication in 30 years is Armour - 30mcg per day started about 6 weeks ago.

I've been reading Dr Peat's pages for about a year and decided to to start taking Progest E about 2 months ago and recently had a salivary hormone test to see how things were going. I discussed the results with my doctor yesterday. To two results of major interest were the Estrone (148 pmol - very high) and Progesterone (greater than 15900 pmol). My doctor has no idea what to do about these off the chart results.

My question is - are these results normal or dangerous.

Dan W

Welcome, Rosealind!

I don't have any particular insight, but can you share how much Progest E you're taking? Do you have any prior hormone tests to compare with?

I think the reliability of salivary hormone testing is questioned a lot in Peat circles, maybe someone can chime in with whether a blood test would be better in your case.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Rosealind, :welcome

If I understand it correctly there really is not a toxic dose of progesterone, you will only get really tired or a little loopy if too much is taken. And in the beginning someone really needs to hit the estrogen with everything you got to get it knocked back. Has the progesterone been helping you with the symptoms you are trying to get rid of?