Introduction Plus Progest E question

Rosealind

Morning all! - well it's morning here in Australia, at least.

I'm Rosealind, have been on the planet for 64 years. I'm healthy. My first medication in 30 years is Armour - 30mcg per day started about 6 weeks ago.

I've been reading Dr Peat's pages for about a year and decided to to start taking Progest E about 2 months ago and recently had a salivary hormone test to see how things were going. I discussed the results with my doctor yesterday. To two results of major interest were the Estrone (148 pmol - very high) and Progesterone (greater than 15900 pmol). My doctor has no idea what to do about these off the chart results.

My question is - are these results normal or dangerous.

Dan Wich

Welcome, Rosealind!

I don't have any particular insight, but can you share how much Progest E you're taking? Do you have any prior hormone tests to compare with?

I think the reliability of salivary hormone testing is questioned a lot in Peat circles, maybe someone can chime in with whether a blood test would be better in your case.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Rosealind, :welcome

If I understand it correctly there really is not a toxic dose of progesterone, you will only get really tired or a little loopy if too much is taken. And in the beginning someone really needs to hit the estrogen with everything you got to get it knocked back. Has the progesterone been helping you with the symptoms you are trying to get rid of?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Giraffe Increased Mortality After The Introduction Of Diphtheria–Tetanus–Pertussis Vaccine Vaccines 5
W An Introduction To Endobiogeny Book Recommendations 17
S Introduction To Your Products IdeaLabs 4
bboone Introduction And Experience (so Far) With A Peat-inspired Diet Approach Meet & Greet 0
Bad Linhat Introduction (finally !) Meet & Greet 2
indeterminacy Why Do You Think MDMA Clears My Skin And Makes It "glow" (+ My [re]introduction To The Forum) Mental Issues 0
N Kind Of Strange And Long Introduction/seeking Advice Mental Issues 10
Atma An Introduction & A Few Observations Meet & Greet 2
L A Simple Introduction To Hypothyroidism Thyroid and Hormones 10
W Introduction To Biochemistry Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
Gadsie Introduction And PUFA Question Diet 3
J Introduction And Questions Ask For Help or Advice 13
bistecca An Introduction Along With Some Questions. Meet & Greet 7
Ritchie Book For My Dad As An Introduction To Peat The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 5
Pet Peeve Introduction Meet & Greet 3
B New here, just a short introduction Meet & Greet 2
B bk's introduction Meet & Greet 21
P Sob Story & Introduction From A Terrified Newbie Ask For Help or Advice 19
R A quick introduction Meet & Greet 11
S A long introduction Meet & Greet 20
D Belated introduction Meet & Greet 6
S Introduction Meet & Greet 18
charlie Fruit (Sugar) vs. Starchy Carbs (Starch) [Introduction] Andrew Kim 6
Simatta Marc Pro Plus Experimentation Anyone? Ask For Help or Advice 0
D Coffee,Milk Plus Aspirin And MB Male Issues 2
A Average Of Temperatures? Plus, Dry Mouth Ask For Help or Advice 0
A Eating This Way Plus Thyroid And Progesterone Make Me Really Depressed Diet 23
Mito Inactivation Of Three Emerging Viruses In Plasma By Methylene Blue Plus Visible Light Scientific Studies 10
S Seborrheic Dermatitis In Eyebrows, Plus Hairloss Hair & Nails 24
YamnayaMommy Peaty Birth Control? Plus Libido Of Lactating Female Female Issues 20
jzeno Branched-chain Amino Acid Plus Glucose Supplement Reduces Exercise-induced Delayed Onset Muscle Sore Scientific Studies 0
Inaut The Golden 7 Plus One - Back To The Lymph Toxins, Detoxification 30
L Tri-Field TF2 Vs Cornet ED88T Plus Radiation 9
A Orange Light Plus β-Lapachone Derivative As Possible Skin Cancer Treatment Scientific Studies 5
P Glucose Plus Fructose Ingestion For Post-Exercise Recovery—Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts? Articles & Scientific Studies 6
L Dealing With Autoimmune Plus Other Issues Through Diet? Diet 10
Pompadour High Fat Is Bad, But High Fat Plus Carbs Is Worse Macros & Micros 56
Westside PUFAs My Prediction For The United States Presidential Election, 2016, Plus The Harshest Peat Quote Ever The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 43
healthnatura (GIVEAWAY) à La Carte Style January 2016 Plus $50 Jackpot! Expired Giveaways 21
healthnatura (GIVEAWAY) December 2015 Plus $40 Jackpot Expired Giveaways 19
healthnatura [GIVEAWAY] November 2015 Health Natura Whole E 1oz Giveaway PLUS $40 Jackpot Added! Expired Giveaways 19
haidut Acetazolamide Plus Thiamine Lower Serotonin And Tryptamine Scientific Studies 7
haidut Acetazolamide Plus Thiamine As Treatment Of Mental Conditions Scientific Studies 36
Strongbad Hi Everyone! And Please Criticize My Peat Diet/supplements (plus Pregnenolone & DHEA) Diet 13
Beebop Need For Massive Amounts Of T3? Plus Cough Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 35
D Using Progest-e as Contraceptive Female Issues 0
J Progest E Topical Ask For Help or Advice 0
J Progest E Ask For Help or Advice 3
J Progest-e Progestene Supplements 4
Recoen Progest-e Or Tocovit + Progestene (or Cortinon+ 3:1 Or 8:1)? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 12