Introduction And PUFA Question

Gadsie

Not sure if we're supposed to introduce ourselves here, but I'm a 19 year old guy from the netherlands. I have been eating moderate carb paleo (with milk) since 15. I'm healthy (in the eyes of a 'normal' person). However, I look quite a bit older than my age (mainly because of balding), and because people were always surprised when I told them my age, I got into anti-aging, and ran into ray peat.

Onto my question:
In this video

Peat says that the body can make saturated fat out of sugar (ok I knew this) but also that it can desaturate saturated fats, and that this is the reason we should stick to sugar and limit n-3 and n-6 fats. This sentence doesn't make sense because of two reasons:

1. It says you can desaturate sat fats and that this why you should avoid n-3 and n-6 fats, which aren't saturated.

2. He also says stick to sugar, but for this argument this wouldn't make sense because sugar is turned into sat fat which can then be desaturated again.

Does anyone understand what he means?

In the same video he also says that PUFA is accumulated because our bodies prefer to oxidize saturated fats, except during stress, in which PUFA is used. Would it then make sense to be very stressed for a while on purpose to use up all pufa as long as you don't eat any additional pufa? Unless, of course, your body makes its own PUFA.

paymanz

Unsaturated fats made from sat fat is mostly mead acid which is totally different from PUFA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals