Introducing The New Wonder Cure. SUGAR!

paymanz

Introducing the new wonder cure... SUGAR!

• Derek Ripley, 66, from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, has diabetes
  • For 10 years, his lower legs were constantly covered in agonising ulcers
  • But when he started pouring sugar on them, they disappeared in a month

He says the reason sugar is not used more in developed nations is simply that it is so cheap, there isn't enough profit to justify investing in large-scale randomised trials. These provide the proof necessary to win endorsement from bodies such as the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).

misery guts

ETA one and a half weeks before they're reintroducing sugar as the cause of cancer/egalitarian politics.

Interesting stuff but no mention of the mail should be left without an insult.

pepsi

That is amazing. I remember Ray Peat wrote in one of his articles about some people putting sugar on wounds to heal, I forget which one.
It is quiet sad all the people suffering and having limbs amputated when they might never have needed to.

OP
P

paymanz

what about concentrated glucose solution?or pure glucose powder? i guess that not work as good as sucrose or honey.fructose has some effect other than glucose too.

Greg says

I put a knife through my hand once whilst de-stoning an avocado in a restaurant kitchen. An Argentinian co-worker poured sugar over the wound and told me this was what they did at home. I've also heard, maybe on here somewhere, of people putting ash on wounds.

tara

That is amazing. I remember Ray Peat wrote in one of his articles about some people putting sugar on wounds to heal, I forget which one.
There are studies about sugar being used for healing diabetic leg ulcers, and for difficult infections in chest cavities post surgery. There has been some work done on producing convenient high concentration sugar gels for convenient use on serious wounds.
Honey has a long record of use on wounds.
The sugar concentration has to be very high to be useful - can't remember exactly, but IIRC it was something like 80 or 90%+. Higher than you get in a saturated sugar-water solution.

calamityjane

There are studies about sugar being used for healing diabetic leg ulcers, and for difficult infections in chest cavities post surgery. There has been some work done on producing convenient high concentration sugar gels for convenient use on serious wounds.
Honey has a long record of use on wounds.
The sugar concentration has to be very high to be useful - can't remember exactly, but IIRC it was something like 80 or 90%+. Higher than you get in a saturated sugar-water solution.

My Aunt had a leg ulcer that defied conventional treatment for 2 yrs. She was facing amputation. Her Dr told her try white sugar as a last resort. It was healed in weeks.

tara

My Aunt had a leg ulcer that defied conventional treatment for 2 yrs. She was facing amputation. Her Dr told her try white sugar as a last resort. It was healed in weeks.
Nice.

I had surgery in the beginning of the year and when one of the incisions wasn't closing I put honey on and in it. It worked like a dream and the surgeon was surprised how fast it healed but I didn't tell him why.

My theory is that it puts the nutrition right on the cells that need it.

This is vital information in a world with antibiotic resistant infections.

tara

High concentration sugar is also inhospitable to bacteria - I think it functions as antibiotic, too.

tara

jyb

I put a knife through my hand once whilst de-stoning an avocado in a restaurant kitchen. An Argentinian co-worker poured sugar over the wound and told me this was what they did at home. I've also heard, maybe on here somewhere, of people putting ash on wounds.

Seems like a useful skill to learn *before* it happens to you. Let's say you cut yourself a fair bit: do you let sugar between the skin and the flesh, or close the skin and pour sugar on top?

artist

Funny how the cheap and easy way is the last resort with some of these docs

artist

Do you think then honey placed on the face to try and get rid of skin problems or acne would work or would this just feed the bacteria?
There is a lot of anecdotal evidence on skin care and acne boards of honey controlling acne and calming the skin

EIRE24

There is a lot of anecdotal evidence on skin care and acne boards of honey controlling acne and calming the skin

Yea it's interesting. I don't think I have the balls to try it out as I don't want a huge outbreak on my face

Sheila

I have used this technique a few times, piling it on the wound directly, not closing it first and pouring on top. Works well, but if the cut has resulted in a flap of skin, that seems to become old/redundant tissue and whilst it seals the sugar, the flap goes through a later renewal process so if it were minor in future, i would remove that flap and bandage well instead. The healing with sugar is deep to superficial, not the other way around or that is what i concluded.
Kind regards
Sheila

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom