Introducing Myself

SamuelP

Hey,

I have been lurking on this forum for some time, and figured it was time to sign up.

I've been experimenting with some of Peat's ideas since about 2012. I started researching online because I was dealing with skin/fungal issues. My doctor on the east coast and my doctor on the west coast prescribed lotrimin (clotrimazole) and gold bond powser. I did the two treatment, thought I was home free, and could just stop using the creams. Then it would come back again. Doctors would tell me that it was because I was sweating too much from sports, even though I was completely sedentary, between school, work, and the bus in between.

I figured my skin issues were related to diet, thanks to clever google marketing Anything skin related brought up paleo, autoimmunity, low carb, and all the other catchy diets. It seemed to make sense to me, because at the time, I was breaking all the food rules. This included eating eating starch, sugar, dairy, stir fry. This was also a departure from the eating pattern that my family had growing up, which revolved around bread, eggs, vegetables, dairy products, meat, seafood, and some fruit. When I left home to the north east, for university/work, I began to take on a diet I now view as a high "oil" diet. Plenty of PUFA, and I imagine it had something to do with skin issues, because I never had it before. When I graduated school, and stopped eating at the cafeteria, I lost the weight I gained at school. I still had skin/fungal issues.

Fast forward to the present, I am still toggling with some of Peat's ideas. I still haven't resolved my skin issues, and I am beginning to think the answer is not necessarily causal(as in if I eat this food, or take this supplement, that my issues will resolve). I'll add more of my story as I have the time.

tara

Welcome SamuelP. :)

Aside from persistent fungal toenails that I haven't eradicated yet, and occasional thrush or similar in the past, I've had a couple of other fungal skin infections that responded quickly and well to a dilute topical vinegar. Fungii hate acid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals