Intravenous B12

Jimmerz

Hey all, Just wondering if intravenous B12 is something that can be picked up locally (And if so, where?) without a prescription? I've found lots of places online to buy it, but unsure where to try and source it locally (I don't want to wait for a delivery). Pharmacy? GNC? Thanks! - Jim

squanch

Do you mean intramuscular / subcutaneous injections?
I got mine of amazon a while ago, but you should also be able to get it at a pharmacy (at least in europe). You have to buy the injection vials and syringes separately.
Last time I checked people recommended hydroxycobalamin.

To be honest, oral methylcobalamin that you hold under your tongue for a few minutes was just as effective for me though.

Last edited:

mangoes

yeah it depends on where you're from and the form you want. If you're from the UK, I know of a lot of people who get b12 (I'm pretty sure you can get all three injectable forms, methylcobalamin, hydroxocobalamin and cyanocobalamon) from Arnika Apotheka, a pharmacy in Germany. Although this pharmacy now uses a company called intravita in England to distribute the products. I'm not sure about their worldwide shipping policies.

Other options include a company called oxford biosciences but I'm pretty sure you have to constitute the b12 with saline water yourself. Finally, there's a charity at b12charity.org, founded by a retired GP who will send you some injectable b12 for free. Though I'm pretty sure they can only get hydroxocobalamin at the moment because of buffering issues with the methyl, and sometimes it takes a while because the products are sent by hand by one of the people who works there.

If you're not from the UK or Europe, I'm not so sure. I do think cyanocobalamin is the most used form in the US, but you can also get a compounded prescription from a pharmacy to make you methyl or hydroxy. Hydroxy is sold over the counter in a lot of countries in Europe so it's pretty easily accessible.

As for the method of injection, like mentioned earlier I'd probably stick to either intramuscular or subcutaneous. This isn't to say that b12 can't be injected intravenously, I've read studies where it was even injected intrathecally (into the spine). But unless you're medically trained and equipped to inject intravenously, it runs a lot more risk (like risk of air embolism for one).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals