Intolerance To Heat?

Marky S

I started “Peating” not too long ago. I’ve had lifelong temperatures of about 97.4 on average, even when I was a child.

I’ve been eating a peat inspired diet and lifestyle lately. Feel great! Lots of improvements across the board... except, I can’t tolerate hot weather anymore!

I used to not be able to tolerate the cold. Now I blast the air conditioning whenever possible, and I sweat profusely in 85+ degree weather.

My body temperatures are a steady 98+ now that I’ve been “Peating” awhile. My sex Drive is up, energy has doubled, I just look and feel healthier.

But the intolerance to heat is a very negative side effect, as I live in Florida.

Perhaps it’s a transitional thing. But I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this on their metabolic journey.

fradon

I started “Peating” not too long ago. I’ve had lifelong temperatures of about 97.4 on average, even when I was a child.

I’ve been eating a peat inspired diet and lifestyle lately. Feel great! Lots of improvements across the board... except, I can’t tolerate hot weather anymore!

I used to not be able to tolerate the cold. Now I blast the air conditioning whenever possible, and I sweat profusely in 85+ degree weather.

My body temperatures are a steady 98+ now that I’ve been “Peating” awhile. My sex Drive is up, energy has doubled, I just look and feel healthier.

But the intolerance to heat is a very negative side effect, as I live in Florida.

Perhaps it’s a transitional thing. But I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this on their metabolic journey.

i also live where you live and i find it best to keep my body temp on the low side during the hot humid months. the FLORIDA heat and no joke.

OP
M

Marky S

i also live where you live and i find it best to keep my body temp on the low side during the hot humid months. the FLORIDA heat and no joke.

That’s what I’m realizing too. I was doing everything to raise my internal temp to 98.6, but the closer I got, the hotter and more miserable I became. Profusely sweating, even being outside for 5 minutes. When my temps were in the 97’s, I was fine here. Maybe my 97 temps were a natural adaptation to keep me cool? Never considered that before.

Runenight201

Hyperhidrosis is something that I've had ever since becoming an adult. When I eat high salt and lower my liquids, I tolerate the heat better. However, I don't think this is an ideal solution, as it requires me consuming salt to the point that I am very thirsty, but I don't drink water because it will cause me to sweat (obviously exercising is not possible in this scenario).

Lowering inflammation, having a clean gut/digestion, and having high dopamine levels all usually allow me to tolerate the heat better. Even if I start sweating, if my dopamine levels are running high I wont even care about the sweat, because I feel great.

I'd like to think that having a high strength/weight ratio would help immensely also, as the easier it is to move your body in space, the less it has to work, less heat/energy used, less sweat. Guys who are in great shape (cardiovascular and muscle wise) I feel tend to tolerate the heat better, and your stereotypical fat/overweight man is usually breathing hard and sweaty with any outdoor activity.

I definitely believe excess sweating is not healthy (such as not being able to tolerate 80+ degree weather, which I've been unfortunate to have occur to me at times). I think the sun can cause an unhealthy reaction if the body is not healthy. I used to hate being in the sun cause the feeling of rays on my skin would trigger skin itch and inflammation. However, when I am feeling metabolically healthy and great, the sun feels amazing.

fradon

That’s what I’m realizing too. I was doing everything to raise my internal temp to 98.6, but the closer I got, the hotter and more miserable I became. Profusely sweating, even being outside for 5 minutes. When my temps were in the 97’s, I was fine here. Maybe my 97 temps were a natural adaptation to keep me cool? Never considered that before.

the guy who runs the SELF HACK site does low carb and says it lowers his body temp and it reduces his inflammation. I also don't tend to have too much inflammation and mybody temp is low.

people at my job always question how i'm able to be out in the sun and heat with little problem maybe this has something to do with it. evolutionary adaptation.

OP
M

Marky S

the guy who runs the SELF HACK site does low carb and says it lowers his body temp and it reduces his inflammation. I also don't tend to have too much inflammation and mybody temp is low.

people at my job always question how i'm able to be out in the sun and heat with little problem maybe this has something to do with it. evolutionary adaptation.

I was first turned onto the idea of Ray Peat and the importance of body temperature and pulse in determining health back about 8-9 years ago.

For me personally, the total opposite is true. When my pulse and body temperature rise, I actually feel WORSE. I feel best around 97.4-97.8 and with a pulse of 50-55.

98.6 with a pulse of 70+, I’ve been there. And I don’t feel good. I sweat way too easily, and my attitude become fiery and aggressive. In Ayurvedic medicine, they call that a “Pitta” imbalance. And I get ALL of those symptoms when I try to “Peat” too much.

The best advice I’ve gotten from Peat is info on endotoxins, the benefits of fruit and gelatin, and to reduce muscle meat consumption and eliminate whey protein. The rest of it, I’m not so sure about. Not sure I buy the big to-do Ray makes about PUFA. I’ve noticed ZERO benefits to eliminating PUFA. I mean, literally, no benefits. The whole aspirin, vitamin K, niacinamide, thyroid supplementation thing did nothing for me. Dairy always gives me problems, no matter how “clean” my system is of PUFA and endotoxins. And I just don’t like Orange Juice. Or any fruit juice for that matter.

This was an interesting ride. And good luck to you all who will continue to “Peat”. I’m going back to what’s always worked for me. Just being a conscious eater. :)