Interview With Ray Peat On Government, Libertarianism, And Social Class

Drareg

Thanks for the link, this is an absolute gem.

I'm not surprised this thread is quiet considering all the politicos(identity politics) on here,the interview highlights even more some of the nonsense from "both sides" on this forum during the election and what still continues ,also highlights the redundant ideologues political fantasy's that get spewed on here attempting to sow Peat into their bias.

Ahanu

This Interview is a relief.

burtlancast

"The mystiques of schooling, medicine, and legal services are part of the system of control and exploitation that can be painlessly dissolved."

"The culture has been engineered to create unconsciousness of class, so that democratic voting would reliably support ruling class policies. I think an insight such as Thoreau’s, that the natural person is impaired by the culture, is necessary if the culture is to be revised intelligently and quickly enough."

OP
bodacious

bodacious

Thanks for the link, this is an absolute gem.

I'm not surprised this thread is quiet considering all the politicos(identity politics) on here,the interview highlights even more some of the nonsense from "both sides" on this forum during the election and what still continues ,also highlights the redundant ideologues political fantasy's that get spewed on here attempting to sow Peat into their bias.

I was hoping it would encourage people, in general, to stop talking about identity politics

Makrosky

I was hoping it would encourage people, in general, to stop talking about identity politics
What's wrong with talking about identity politics ?

Anyone who believes or wants to talk about class struggle can just join any communist party.

amethyst

Interesting interview. I concur with a lot of it. Why I think politics don't matter in the big scheme of things:

It's all about the veils IMHO............Slavery And The Eight Veils

zztr

I would be interested in Ray Peat's critique of "The Son Also Rises". The assembled centuries of data is rather contradictory to his non-hereditarian and anti-class views.

They paint a picture from centuries of data that "class" is probably not a socio-political power construct. Strip away all the wealth over and and over again and even move broke people across continents into alien societies and the same sets of lineages rise to the top.

Queequeg

Interesting interview. I concur with a lot of it. Why I think politics don't matter in the big scheme of things:

It's all about the veils IMHO............Slavery And The Eight Veils

Nice video. IMO he has taken Plato's allegory of the cave and made it very explicit.

Interestingly, in the interview Ray is only talking at a third veil consciousness. I have heard him pierce the 4th veil before so I wonder if he is holding back given his multiple mentions of CIA, FBI, and Military spooks surveilling him :tinfoilhat

haidut

Forum Supporter
Btw, the man is turning 80 this year (2016)! We should send him a present. Any ideas?

Queequeg

Ray Peat said
"Seeing how successful the system has been in keeping the culture in line, I have increasingly looked for places in the culture that are designed to prevent change, but that are susceptible to criticism. Some of these were Chomsky’s doctrine of innate language knowledge, genetic determinism, neo-kantianism, ideas of substance and fields, definitions of consciousness, and ideas of complexity and time."
I love when he disses Chomsky. So many people, myself included at one point, think he is the savior of the common man. IMHO he is just another of the ruling classes' pied pipers, whose whole purpose is to keep his fans in a state of inaction and fascination.

haidut

Forum Supporter

haidut

Forum Supporter
I love when he disses Chomsky. So many people, myself included at one point, think he is the savior of the common man. IMHO he is just another of the ruling classes' pied pipers, whose whole purpose is to keep his fans in a state of inaction and fascination.

If you Google around you will see that quite a few former intelligence officers have "outed" Chomsky as one of their own. Of course, whether they can be believed is another story but I am 100% with Peat on saying Chomsky's ideas on linguistics, grammar and some social policies serve the ruling class.

Queequeg

If you Google around you will see that quite a few former intelligence officers have "outed" Chomsky as one of their own. Of course, whether they can be believed is another story but I am 100% with Peat on saying Chomsky's ideas on linguistics, grammar and some social policies serve the ruling class.
I'll have to check that out. I wasted a whole lot of time listening to him.

As for a B-day gift for RP, I am very much in favor that idea. I think starting a new thread on it would help it get "front page" attention.

Ahanu

I really like that idea! Do we know if he likes espresso?
not sure. i haven´t found a quote where he mentions that he drinks espresso. just that in espresso is more Coffein and we sure know he likes that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals