Interpreting thyroid labs, help

Ania

Hi everyone, could you please help me interpret my thyroid labs. I take 12.5 Cynomel in 2 divided doses and 12,5mcg t4/3 mcg t3 (1/8th of Cynoplus) in the evening.
TSH - 0,774 ( 0,35 - 4,94)
FT3 - 4,03 (2,63 - 5,70)
FT4 - 0,68 (0,70 - 1,48)
T3 - 112 ( 80 - 200)
T4 - 5,85 ( 4,80 - 12,70)
I will very much appreciate your thoughts. My T4 is slight below norm. I am scheduled for surgery soon and they will be testing my thyroid levels in the hospital. I am sure my labs will result in some inconvenient questions. Thank you in advance.

OP
A

Ania

Of course I meant Ft 4 is a little below norm. However T4 Is within the range.

Vileplume

What were your numbers before supplementing thyroid? Also, do you know your cholesterol?

I’m not sure about the free thyroid numbers, but the TSH looks good. In the recent 5/17/21 one radio network interview, Peat even mentioned that a group of people with TSH below 0.4 had the lowest incidence of disease.

OP
A

Ania

Thanks for your reply. I know that Ray advocates tsh to be as close to zero as possible. Before supplementing it was always between 2-3. I am not sure how to interpret the rest of the parameters. My total cholesterol is 178. Could be a little higher, but it is better than it used to be. I am on a very specific diet due to reactive arthritis, so I can’t eat everything I would like to.

Vileplume

With a cholesterol at 178, and TSH at .7, on paper I’d say that sounds like a good response to thyroid. Do you feel good as well, with good energy, temps, pulse?

OP
A

Ania

Temperature is ok, but pulse is not satisfactory. It rarely exceeds 70. I feel very good both physically and mentally. However, recently I found something in my breast, and they suspect it may be cancer, which completely dumbfounded me. I thought I was doing many things right. I found Ray Peat in 2014. Since then I changed my diet, eliminated pufas, been supplementing progesterone, aspirin, vit K, b vitamins, etc, eating enough carbs. Generally I feel great, so this news was a not a funny surprise. I am not sure what it is yet. They need to examine the tissue. I still hope it is not a cancer. I just can’t imagine undergoing chemo, radiation, tamoxifen. Not after being here for so long.

JohnHafterson

Yeah agree with Vileplume the numbers actually pretty ok.

Free T3 is nice in the middle of range at 4.03 with low TSH. I suppose Free T4 low but if symptoms are good it may be that body is keeping this in check to keep Free T3 at appropriate level.

OP
A

Ania

Yeah agree with Vileplume the numbers actually pretty ok.

Free T3 is nice in the middle of range at 4.03 with low TSH. I suppose Free T4 low but if symptoms are good it may be that body is keeping this in check to keep Free T3 at appropriate level.
Thanks. I thought that perhaps I should be supplementing a little bit more of T4 in relation to T3.

JohnHafterson

Thanks. I thought that perhaps I should be supplementing a little bit more of T4 in relation to T3.
I admit I was kind of thinking the same on the T4, though I guess that would be some more work to figure out.

The endocrinologist who I follow likes to target Free T3 and Free T4 to middle of range in his patients.

This site has some interesting commentary on Free T4 and suggest that sometimes low Free T4 may not be indicative of any issues:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals