Interpret my thyroid labs and help to dose or not.

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
1CF0A047-C51B-45D3-AA18-72FF192ECC96.jpeg

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hi there.

How are you feeling?
Your TSH is good but many things could be suppressing it.
Your T4 and T3 seem on the lower end of the spectrum.

All those 3 things might indicate that your body is neither producing a lot of thyroid, converting it efficiently, nor asking for a whole lot more. Nutritional support, as in a state of feeling safe and well fed and nourished might help here.

The fT3 to rT3 ratio is 18%. Some believe that anything under 20% is a sign of things not being right where the body converts T4 into rT3 instead of T3.

If I was you and not feeling 100%, I would experiment with a bit of T3, small doses over the day. If that makes me feel good for a week or two, I would consider some T4 with it.

Best of luck.

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Hi there.

How are you feeling?
Your TSH is good but many things could be suppressing it.
Your T4 and T3 seem on the lower end of the spectrum.

All those 3 things might indicate that your body is neither producing a lot of thyroid, converting it efficiently, nor asking for a whole lot more. Nutritional support, as in a state of feeling safe and well fed and nourished might help here.

The fT3 to rT3 ratio is 18%. Some believe that anything under 20% is a sign of things not being right where the body converts T4 into rT3 instead of T3.

If I was you and not feeling 100%, I would experiment with a bit of T3, small doses over the day. If that makes me feel good for a week or two, I would consider some T4 with it.

Best of luck.
Hi there,

Things are definitely not right. Without a menstrual cycle for 5 years.

Excess estrogen I feel. Tons of inflammation throughout the whole body. Hands and feet and face. Right calf swelling constantly. Heart palpitations etc.

Been taking tyromax throughout the day. Two to three drops around lunch time and evening. It's been since November.

I have cynomel and cynoplus on hand and haven't used yet.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Oof. Sucks.

I think the first thing to do is to cover your basics when it comes to nutrition. In few words, eat wholesome Peaty foods, eat frequently, avoid gut irritating foods (even Peaty ones temporarily), add collagen, get sunshine, get enough calcium, get sunshine, and meditate if needed.

Then, and only then I would start taking Tyromax. Perhaps starting with 4 drops in the morning and increasing to 7 over few weeks while monitoring temps and pulses. It is not unusual to need 28 drops per day of that or so.

Again, gotta support yourself nutritionally. Without that, NDT might backfire.

PS: nothing except oral vitamin D and NDT helped my palpitations. Sunshine is preferable but not an option for me in winter.

Beastmode

Hi there,

Things are definitely not right. Without a menstrual cycle for 5 years.

Excess estrogen I feel. Tons of inflammation throughout the whole body. Hands and feet and face. Right calf swelling constantly. Heart palpitations etc.

Been taking tyromax throughout the day. Two to three drops around lunch time and evening. It's been since November.

I have cynomel and cynoplus on hand and haven't used yet.

Any recommendations would be helpful.
Might seem broad, but if you're not menstruating, you might consider blood donations. Depending on your current state, diet, lifestyle, etc of course.

Might be worth giving it a shot.

Improving thyroid function, in Peat terms, is really improving everything since it's involved in every process of the body. Blood tests are useful, but the entire picture needs to be considered and addressed appropriately. Experimenting with T3 and/or T3/T4 isn't a bad idea, yet many experience initial benefits from removing things first. In your case, maybe a blood donation to make up for the lack of menstruating. It's not that "cut and dry," however, it definitely won't hurt.

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Might seem broad, but if you're not menstruating, you might consider blood donations. Depending on your current state, diet, lifestyle, etc of course.

Might be worth giving it a shot.

Improving thyroid function, in Peat terms, is really improving everything since it's involved in every process of the body. Blood tests are useful, but the entire picture needs to be considered and addressed appropriately. Experimenting with T3 and/or T3/T4 isn't a bad idea, yet many experience initial benefits from removing things first. In your case, maybe a blood donation to make up for the lack of menstruating. It's not that "cut and dry," however, it definitely won't hurt.
I've been "peating" for a long time .... Still not helping. Long time - 4 years or more. I live in a warm climate. I get tons of sunshine. That's the thing... Makes zero sense.

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Oof. Sucks.

I think the first thing to do is to cover your basics when it comes to nutrition. In few words, eat wholesome Peaty foods, eat frequently, avoid gut irritating foods (even Peaty ones temporarily), add collagen, get sunshine, get enough calcium, get sunshine, and meditate if needed.

Then, and only then I would start taking Tyromax. Perhaps starting with 4 drops in the morning and increasing to 7 over few weeks while monitoring temps and pulses. It is not unusual to need 28 drops per day of that or so.

Again, gotta support yourself nutritionally. Without that, NDT might backfire.

PS: nothing except oral vitamin D and NDT helped my palpitations. Sunshine is preferable but not an option for me in winter.
won't hurt.
I've been "peating" for a long time .... Still not helping. Long time - 4 years or more. I live in a warm climate. I get tons of sunshine. That's the thing... Makes zero sense.

Quote Reply
Report •••

Beastmode

A lot of us have been "peating" for years and are still sorting things out.

If you're hemoglobin is high enough, consider giving blood. You might be overloaded with iron, etc.

More supplements might not be the best first step. I'm a bit biased in regards to removing before adding things to my regiment.

Good luck!

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
It's fairly common for this to happen to women who under eat and/or overtrain. Do either of those apply to you?
Not at all!
To both. I was a chef and I maybe workout once or twice a week.. I walk more.

Neeters 27

What is your age? if over 40 then could be early menopause...persons of East Asian decent get meno earlier if you happen to be from outside Canada/USA....its not your thyroid based on bloodwork, but your other hormones might have tanked already...have you had a sex hormone panel done? ask your obgyn. this will show a LOT. make sure you get all 3 types of estrogen tested (estriol, estrone, estradiol,) dheas, testosterone, Progesterone,SHBG etc. has your hair thinned at all? is your skin dry or oily? no periods is usually from LOW estrogen not high. don't think everything is bad from estrogen. without it women suffer greatly. I have to supplement, I dont make any my bodyfat is very low and Ive been menopausal over 10 years.

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
What is your age? if over 40 then could be early menopause...persons of East Asian decent get meno earlier if you happen to be from outside Canada/USA....its not your thyroid based on bloodwork, but your other hormones might have tanked already...have you had a sex hormone panel done? ask your obgyn. this will show a LOT. make sure you get all 3 types of estrogen tested (estriol, estrone, estradiol,) dheas, testosterone, Progesterone,SHBG etc. has your hair thinned at all? is your skin dry or oily? no periods is usually from LOW estrogen not high. don't think everything is bad from estrogen. without it women suffer greatly. I have to supplement, I dont make any my bodyfat is very low and Ive been menopausal over 10 years.
Hello,

I’m from Canada. Now live in Miami and Jamaica (warm climates).
I’m 45. I have low sex hormones. Hair is full, skin is full. Lower leg dry and tons of swelling (edema like) face full.
I always have excess weight around the belly. I’ll send you my last sex hormones.

Attachments

• 3C6B746E-9F55-4C3F-9770-65CBA4B00080.jpeg
    3C6B746E-9F55-4C3F-9770-65CBA4B00080.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 12
  • 78A233F7-3845-46B1-B351-BC7048838756.png
    78A233F7-3845-46B1-B351-BC7048838756.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 10

Peatful

Ive responded to you before?
Yes?

Where to begin...
I don’t have a ton of time but feel for you; see your confusion.

Living in a sunny warm climate requires energy.
The sun is extremely therapeutic when well nourished.
It is a metabolic stressor when in, well, a stressed state- which you clearly are.

Remember- in the absence of a good metabolism, anything can be dangerous.
(Paraphrased Peat quote. No. Dont ask me for the source)

Hmmm
So taking tyromix or whatever hasn’t helped- BUT you have actually more symptoms.
Not sure why you’re ignoring your body on that one.
You are in chaos.

Estrogen dominant?
Probably because your blood sugar is unsteady or chronically low
So your adrenals take over to support your life- esp brain glycogen
But when it does that it fails in making the progesterone you desperately need.

Bottom line
You are in a complete stressed state
I cant imagine being a chef was easy going.
You are depleted
Your body is screaming for help
You keep doing the same general thing for 4 years without genuine results

No period for five years is a extremely significant warning sign

You need a new plan
And a new mindset

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Ive responded to you before?
Yes?

Where to begin...
I don’t have a ton of time but feel for you; see your confusion.

Living in a sunny warm climate requires energy.
The sun is extremely therapeutic when well nourished.
It is a metabolic stressor when in, well, a stressed state- which you clearly are.

Remember- in the absence of a good metabolism, anything can be dangerous.
(Paraphrased Peat quote. No. Dont ask me for the source)

Hmmm
So taking tyromix or whatever hasn’t helped- BUT you have actually more symptoms.
Not sure why you’re ignoring your body on that one.
You are in chaos.

Estrogen dominant?
Probably because your blood sugar is unsteady or chronically low
So your adrenals take over to support your life- esp brain glycogen
But when it does that it fails in making the progesterone you desperately need.

Bottom line
You are in a complete stressed state
I cant imagine being a chef was easy going.
You are depleted
Your body is screaming for help
You keep doing the same general thing for 4 years without genuine results

No period for five years is a extremely significant warning sign

You need a new plan
And a new mindset
Yes. I believe you have.
I really tried to tackle it on my own.. spent $$$ with functional practitioners.
I raise my own animals, drink raw milk. Have zero pufas, get good sleep.
I use all organics.
Healthy bowel movements…. But! Inflammation, puffy face. 20 pounds over weight.

Just zero menstrual cycle. Did have a child at 16 years old.

Peatful

Yes. I believe you have.
I really tried to tackle it on my own.. spent $$$ with functional practitioners.
I raise my own animals, drink raw milk. Have zero pufas, get good sleep.
I use all organics.
Healthy bowel movements…. But! Inflammation, puffy face. 20 pounds over weight.

Just zero menstrual cycle. Did have a child at 16 years old.
Im so sorry @Shontelle

I may reach out to a female practitioner I know- who in turn as she is able- could gently nudge you in a better direction.

So to answer your original question:
For me I would not consider dosing.

Best.

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Im so sorry @Shontelle

I may reach out to a female practitioner I know- who in turn as she is able- could gently nudge you in a better direction.

So to answer your original question:
For me I would not consider dosing.

Best.
I have reached out to many… “I’m not taking new clients” that is the common one. So doctors screw you- and it seems that most functional all have G-D like complexes. It’s becoming a thing…. I promise.
I’m very optimistic and not pessimistic in any regard.
This has been my reality for some time.

Thank you for your time :)