Intermittent Fasting Has Positive Effect On Restoring Diurnal Cycles Of Gut Microbiome

somuch4food

IF is not popular around here, but I have seen some improvements from eating 3-4 meals around the same time each day with a 10-12 hour fasting window. The main improvement was better blood sugar regulation.

baccheion

IF is not popular around here, but I have seen some improvements from eating 3-4 meals around the same time each day with a 10-12 hour fasting window. The main improvement was better blood sugar regulation.
Do you take a vitamin D supplement? Better yet, what supplements do you take? Vitamin D is said to maintain blood sugar. Chromium also has a similar effect. I'm not opposing intermittent fasting (I do it myself).

Dave Clark

If someone has a low blood sugar issue, say cortisol problems, etc., how do you make it through the 10 to 12 hour fasting?

somuch4food

Do you take a vitamin D supplement? Better yet, what supplements do you take? Vitamin D is said to maintain blood sugar. Chromium also has a similar effect. I'm not opposing intermittent fasting (I do it myself).

I'm not using supplements atm since my symptoms are not severe. I'm mainly doing lifestyle and diet changes. I do get some D with dairy products.

If someone has a low blood sugar issue, say cortisol problems, etc., how do you make it through the 10 to 12 hour fasting?

Sleep basically. I would not be able to do it during the day. Eating right before bedtime did not solve my insomnia, so I changed to doing IF instead, but I still have insomnia. The benefit I have experienced from less frequent meals is less intense sugar crashes. I still have them and it probably raise my cortisol. I'm waiting to see if my dietary changes will have an impact.