Intermittent Fasting And Fat Gain?

OP
3v@

3v@

Thanks, actually I found some studies about intermittent fasting vs normal dieting, or about cortisol in IF, but this is the first one that i see
in which, even if caloric intake was lower, scientists found a cellular damage in pancreas and a bigger stomach in mice after 3 months.

T

tca300

In an interview I forget which one, Ray said that someone tried different meal frequencies with Pigs I think. One meal per day or several meals, but the same total amount of calories per day were consumed buy all groups. They found that the pigs eating one big meal got fat and the other groups didn't, despite eating the same total amount of food.

L

lollipop

In an interview I forget which one, Ray said that someone tried different meal frequencies with Pigs I think. One meal per day or several meals, but the same total amount of calories per day were consumed buy all groups. They found that the pigs eating one big meal got fat and the other groups didn't, despite eating the same total amount of food.
Very interesting. Thank you for sharing @tca300.

OP
3v@

3v@

Thank you, actually i'm still trying to understand if meal frequency is crucial or not for a good metabolism. For example, Peat once answered me about this, I copy this part of his answer: "A moderate amount of insulin supports oxidative metabolism; with a large meal, especially starch, the excess calories—both carbohydrate and fats—are deposited as fat. Smaller meals, of mixed composition, keep oxidative metabolism more continuous, with less fat deposition for the same total caloric intake".
In a study conducted by Alan Aragon and others, they found no differences between frequent meals or just one meal (for ex. the warrior diet) looking at the same caloric intake, but it was an analysis of all the studies, and no one was taking the "oxidative metabolism" in consideration.
I am fascinated by the theory of Craig's consistent eating, but looking at the summary I don't know if he speaks about his experiment or not. And how, especially.
Maybe, lipolysis is stressful, so if you have just one meal, instead of increasing oxidative metabolism, your body relies on lipolysis most of the time.
(sorry for my english)

KimmyG

I just heard about this study, and as someone who lost 50 pounds using Intermittent Fasting, I'll be watching the following studies very closely. I had pretty much chalked up Keto and IF as the fountain of youth and immortality, so to hear about the damage to the pancreas is pretty alarming.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals