Interesting study claims Vitamin K2 should be classified as a hormone

jpgio

Just stumbled upon this study that appears to be claiming vitamin k2 should be considered and classified as a hormone.

Study

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Great! Thank you. I’ve been taking both for my osteoporosis.

yerrag

So, is mk7 produced by the body? If not, is it considered essential? But since it does the role of insulin and HGF in stimulating bone development, it probably can be classified as an adaptogen rather than an essential substance, although it can be said to have hormone-like effects. For type 1 diabetics, who are low in insulin, perhaps it would help to have regular intakes of mk7?

OP
jpgio

jpgio

So, is mk7 produced by the body? If not, is it considered essential? But since it does the role of insulin and HGF in stimulating bone development, it probably can be classified as an adaptogen rather than an essential substance, although it can be said to have hormone-like effects. For type 1 diabetics, who are low in insulin, perhaps it would help to have regular intakes of mk7?
I hear what you are saying and I think it makes more sense that the mk-4 form would be a hormone as it is said to be produced within the body but can see how the mk-7 form would have hormone like actions as it is a variation of the kind that is produced in the body.

Last edited:

LLight