Interesting Facts About Cyproterone (Hair Loss)

Adrenaline

Cyproterone Acetate is an anti-androgen drug used for transitioning, hair loss, acne, hirsutism and so-called androgenic disorders. But when I search PubMed I found interesting mechanisms about this drug.

* First of all it strongly decreases cortisol and aldosterone and increases DHEA levels. Source

* Here another study showing that Cyproterone decreases ACTH-stimulated cortisol release.

* Cyproterone decreases active, inactive and total renin levels. Renin is the activator of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone (hypertension) system. Source

* Cyproterone strongly decreases estrone (E1) and estradiol (E2) synthesis. Source

* Another study showing that Cyproterone decreases estrone and estriol levels.

Last edited:

lampofred

If something is antagonizing ACTH, cortisol, and aldosterone then it is acting a lot like progesterone.

Risingfire

OP
Adrenaline

Adrenaline

I know but it's very much anti-adrogenic and should be known.

If you want to castrate yourself, this is a good drug to take. I found another study with harsher side effects:

Medium dose cyproterone acetate (CPA): effects on hormone secretion and on spermatogenesis in men. - PubMed - NCBI

Basal prolactin went up by 75%

Testosterone and DHT went down by 70% and 50%, respectively.

My point is not promoting this drug. I just want to show that beside it's anti-androgenic effect it also have strong adrenal suppressive mechanism. Which explains why it works.

Kunstruct

This is an interesting subject, but should have posted the Testosterone, DHT and Prolactine massive reduced values also.

Things are really complicated, I am sure some will say Bi-Estro brings hair back if applied on the scalp.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals